Done / Completed Back To The Future Marty McFly 2015 Hover Board Run.

SlyFox

I managed to get the last one available, it was meant to be. I’ve always wanted one of these as long as I can remember.

Last edited:

MrFusion

@0llyhills. Quite simply screwed it to the main board, then covered the holes and screws up with the green velcro that goes on top. Keep it central to the middle bit of velcro in case you ever need to remove it, then you won't have to search around for the screws.
IMG_20220703_084716.jpg

ollyhills

@0llyhills. Quite simply screwed it to the main board, then covered the holes and screws up with the green velcro that goes on top. Keep it central to the middle bit of velcro in case you ever need to remove it, then you won't have to search around for the screws.
View attachment 1641778

Did you do it like this because the real ones were? Because on the ones missing the foot pads there’s no evidence of screw holes or any kind of fixture. I thought I might go with Velcro since it leaves no trace and is gonna be on top of the Velcro strips anyway

MrFusion

Did you do it like this because the real ones were? Because on the ones missing the foot pads there’s no evidence of screw holes or any kind of fixture. I thought I might go with Velcro since it leaves no trace and is gonna be on top of the Velcro strips anyway
To be fair, I have no clue how they attached the disc to the main board. I was covering it with thick velcro so it would never be seen anyway.
With these boards there is no hard and fast rule of how these were made. They had to look good on screen for seconds. Even close up shots you can see many in perfections. I don't think they ever made 2 boards that were assembled or were an exact likeness.
One board had green velcro across the foot pad, another had red. Some had no footpad at all. I've attached a screen used one with red strap accross it.
As for the attachment of the strap, it is just pinched under the pad by the pad being screwed down. There are no attachments at all. Pure pressure.
Screenshot_20221125_180312_com.microsoft.skydrive.jpg

ollyhills

To be fair, I have no clue how they attached the disc to the main board. I was covering it with thick velcro so it would never be seen anyway.
With these boards there is no hard and fast rule of how these were made. They had to look good on screen for seconds. Even close up shots you can see many in perfections. I don't think they ever made 2 boards that were assembled or were an exact likeness.
One board had green velcro across the foot pad, another had red. Some had no footpad at all. I've attached a screen used one with red strap accross it.
As for the attachment of the strap, it is just pinched under the pad by the pad being screwed down. There are no attachments at all. Pure pressure. View attachment 1641842
As for the attachment of the strap, it is just pinched under the pad by the pad being screwed down. There are no attachments at all. Pure pressure. View attachment 1641842
Yea I counted at least 3 different ones while he’s on the water alone

Thanks for the shout tho. I’m trying to get to the bottom of how it was done back in the day, but I’ll probs just Velcro it as I say or do as you did if I want it a bit sturdier.

Your boards are sick by the way! ‍♀

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.