Back to the Future Markpoon 2015 Jacket Mods

Judging by existing pictures of the jacket, would anyone know the correct height of the belt? Mark's belt is a little too tall. My best estimate is 2 1/4 inches. The cuffs are 2 inches and the belt looks to only be slightly bigger than them. I have acces to a table saw right now and I was thinking of filling the belt with foam, splitting it in two, cutting the necessary amount of material off, then glue it back together.

Last edited:
for those who have purchased the 200s sound module, did you have any trouble getting windows to recognize it? I keep getting unknown device and it won't allow me to upload the sound clips

Almost done with the belt. It has a couple spots I still need to fill in, but this stuff worked wonders. It exceeded my expectations.
10351894_10203187347312570_175870430162934103_n.jpg

The technique I used was to use a little more than you think you need and cut the excess with an exacto blade. It's better than using too little.

Does it make it flex better and more naturally
It makes it not able to twist and warp. It makes it very sturdy, but flexible with very minimum added weight. They have a quality feel once they are filled and trimmed up. Doing this has zero bad consequences. I highly recommend this method.

Just make sure you obey the safety measures. Wear gloves every time. I made the mistake of not doing that once and this stuff was stuck to my fingers for fours days and I had to use a razor blade to cut most of it off. You can see it stuck on my fingers in one of the pictures where I show my cuff filled with foam.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble with the sound chip. I get a message that says "Convert Audio File Fail". I tried it on a laptop with windows 8 and one with 7. Neither work.

Last edited:
I figured it out. It turned out that all I had to do was convert the WAV files to MP3. And the speaker I have from the t shirt I bought is much louder than the stock sound chip speaker.

Almost done with the belt. It has a couple spots I still need to fill in, but this stuff worked wonders. It exceeded my expectations.
The technique I used was to use a little more than you think you need and cut the excess with an exacto blade. It's better than using too little.

I presume one can of this stuff will get the job done?

I did a trial run about a week ago and it foamed up to roughly 3 times its size which is accurate to the can. So feeling confident I did a wrist cuff last night and this morning checked on it and it expanded about 6 times its original size Not impressed. So ill try and remove it tonight and start again. I dont know what went wrong

Here is my jacket after the arms were shortened compared to how they were before.
10403359_10203119697021355_4729852701373883490_n.jpg

1836900_10203200170673146_4037026654142235924_o.jpg

The lower arm straps are removed right now, and I cut the black parts off of the cuffs.

Last edited:
I just removed the black strip at the bottom. It makes it look closer to the real thing. I only wish the pockets were a little smaller.
1899621_10203200429599619_433152785657623861_o.jpg

I took the black strip and just moved it up to where the actual belt will be. The cuff isn't attached yet. I still need to trim up the other one.

Last edited:
I was examining pictures of the real jacket and comparing it to mine and I found out a small detail. On Mark's jacket the straps on the tops of the shoulders completely connect to the neck piece when they shouldn't. There should be a little space there. So I cut the strap from the neck and cut a little bit off and glued it down with the black plastic piece.
10620526_10203203878885849_8683964027643272263_n.jpg

I tried the foam again and got better results this time but the expanding foam sounds crunchy when I form a cuff. Is yours like this MitasTouch? And are there different forms of expanding foam ie: flexible or non flexible etc or are they all the same? Really want to get this jacket done.

Also is anyone planning to make urethane molds of the cuffs and belt? Reason I ask is, I want the cuff to be snug on my wrist and with the plastic cuffs I dont see how I can do that as the plastic wont "stretch'' to fit over the hand

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the foam again and got better results this time but the expanding foam sounds crunchy when I form a cuff. Is yours like this @MitasTouch? And are there different forms of expanding foam ie: flexible or non flexible etc or are they all the same? Really want to get this jacket done.

Also is anyone planning to make urethane molds of the cuffs and belt? Reason I ask is, I want the cuff to be snug on my wrist and with the plastic cuffs I dont see how I can do that as the plastic wont "stretch'' to fit over the hand

Yes on my can it says that it is flexible. And my cuffs did crack a little when I would bend them into a circle but not much. They are very flexible with the foam I used.

I found a black foam on Amazon that worked out nicely. Its made for filling cracks in ponds and still stays flexible like the great stuff. Not sure where everyone is hiding their sound module, but after I sprayed the foam into the belt and after looking at the module, I found it fits pretty well into the belt once you dig out a little foam. Heres a quick video I shot of it. Still need to glue everything in place and add an led.
http://youtu.be/LQNc6AZ833U

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back