Back to the future 2015 NIKE's

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mercureyx @ Dec 12 2006, 06:45 PM) [snapback]1376341[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spoox @ Dec 12 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1376286[/snapback]
haha I wonder if they will make them with pink lights as well for us girls :lol
[/b]
They? You mean us ;). Seriously does anyone wanna get on helping get these things designed. We have MORE than enough reference and MORE than enough interest.

-Merc
[/b][/quote]

I am going to attempt to sculpt the soles. I will need someone who can make a mold then cast these in clear rubber.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(houdiniguy @ Dec 4 2006, 08:57 PM) [snapback]1371615[/snapback]</div>
pics of mine are here.

just scroll down, there are pics from all angles.

http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=105441&hl=
[/b]
If you get the chance, it'd be great to learn more details on your replica-pair (materials used, light setup, switch location, dimensions... anything really... :) ).
My initial thought is to use foamies for the light-blue sections and laces/nike symbol/ankle-strap, padded fabric for the white inner portions, and for the sole... well... I'm not exactly sure. I expect they'd need to be sculpted, cast in rubber, then painted. The clear portions of the sole might be more difficult. Does anyone know if there's a durable clear-rubber substance suitable for casting?

As for the light-setup, I'll leave that to someone more qualified. ;)

EDIT:
Just saw Jedifyfe's post above... Since he's taking a shot at the sole-sculpt, I'll see if I can dissect the construction of the shoe's-body. If anyone has fabric/material suggestions, let's hear 'em. :thumbsup

Smooth-On's dragon skin would be perfect, but it cures with alot of bubbles. I'd love to sculpt these, but wouldn't be able to get them doen for like a year :unsure

anyone has fabric/material suggestions, let's hear 'em. :thumbsup

White elastic strips for the "laces"

Light Bluish-Grey neoprene for the main part

White leatherette with foam padding for the top ankle part (rim) and tongue.

New Pics....

7ff4a996f695d26bbe8904ea6cfe852e.jpg

8cd5f74ef098ccd83d0613de7c8433fa.jpg

4e5b5ba17b0e61db29d3778ef05cfb63.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mercureyx @ Dec 12 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]1376341[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spoox @ Dec 12 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1376286[/snapback]
haha I wonder if they will make them with pink lights as well for us girls :lol
[/b]
They? You mean us ;). Seriously does anyone wanna get on helping get these things designed. We have MORE than enough reference and MORE than enough interest.

-Merc
[/b][/quote]

Whoops hehe.. "You guys" are awesome. I am just drooling over these shoes. If I can afford it I will definately be in for a pair. Especially if they come in pink :love :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hotshot @ Dec 13 2006, 01:22 AM) [snapback]1376666[/snapback]</div>
Smooth-On's dragon skin would be perfect, but it cures with alot of bubbles. I'd love to sculpt these, but wouldn't be able to get them doen for like a year :unsure
[/b]
Aw 'come on. Any recommendations on who to have sclupt them?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedifyfe @ Dec 12 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]1376679[/snapback]</div>
White elastic strips for the "laces"

Light Bluish-Grey neoprene for the main part

White leatherette with foam padding for the top ankle part (rim) and tongue.
[/b]
Neoprene. Good call... :thumbsup
I'm thinking it might be better to use nylon-webbing for the laces with the ends attached to elastic strips hidden by the shoe-body. This would keep the laces solid/firm, while still leaving some stretch-room for different feet sizes.

I've never worked with leatherette, but after doing a short Google search, I think it definitely has potential.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hoverboy @ Dec 14 2006, 02:27 AM) [snapback]1377404[/snapback]</div>
Hey guys...bttfparts.com is closed.
:cry :( :cry :( :cry :( :cry :( :cry :(
[/b]

Hey hoverboy...I was WhatthehellisaJigowatt? over at the BTTFPARTS.COM .Let's try to get everyone over at bttfparts.com over here.... Let's keep in touch.

I started making the left sole, size 10.5 the other day. I haven't been this motivated to make a prop in a long time. I am sure Fox's foot is smaller, but hey I can only use my feet for reference. :D

Which sort of brings to light an issue with making these: SIZE. Accurate replicas would be whatever size foot MJ Fox has and it would not be realistic to make these in a wide array of sizes.

Any insight and critique is welcome.

Well look at you, you crazy monkey.. That's looking nice.

If I can assist let me know. I can provide any kind of laser engraving/cutting to make the logos etc. Many types of material can also be lasered.

Also, someone mentioned dragonskin bubbles - can it be pressure cast?

:eek :love :love :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :love

THOSE LOOK FRIGGIN GREAT................

I WANT TO HELP......

Keep these as they are. It looks like you need to thicken the sides and the bottom and obviously mold the clear part of the soles....BUT MAN THEY LOOK ALMOST SPOT ON...........

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back