Back to the Future 1985 Denim Jacket 2018 Update

Which sucks because now all of their sizes are larger than the screen used, which I believe is 59cm long in the body, and theirs is 60.

...but I still bought one. haha
I bought a size small 2018 jacket and it was 56cm. Unfortunately that was too short for my liking and I'm 5'5. I just purchased a small of this new jacket. Should fit much better. In both the length of the main part and the sleeves.

I bought a size small 2018 version and it was 56cm. Unfortunately that was too short for my liking and I'm 5'5. I just purchased a small of this new jacket. Should fit much better. In both the length of the main part and the sleeves.
Can't waiting to see you rocking it!

This was released at the wrong time for my wallet (I have too many projects) but I wasn't going to miss it again.

Can't waiting to see you rocking it!

This was released at the wrong time for my wallet (I have too many projects) but I wasn't going to miss it again.
Thanks man. I'm really excited for it! And I'm currently selling my 2018 jacket on ebay. Hoping to at least come close to breaking even. The color when I first got mine was dark just like the pictures they're showing now, but got better after I put it in the wash. Hopefully that's the case with this new one.

Hmmph, I ordered a size medium. I included a note that went over my brief measurements and asked them to give me whatever jacket fits best according to those measurements, but considering they're Japanese, I wonder how well that will go down. But someone did read my comment in the instagram live, so maybe there's a chance haha

Now that I've upgraded my jacket, I'm thinking about upgrading the rest of the suit. I found some high-waisted slim tapered acid wash jeans I was able to get a decent deal on (I used to wear Guess jeans, but both of them fit poorly and one was so old it tore apart at the knees upon a wash), and now I'm gonna seek out the best solution for the down vest and button up shirt that isn't headgoonie prices lol

I'm debating between picking up the now "stage accurate" puffer vest from Magnoli vs the Max Cady puffer vest. And for the shirt, it'll be between the Max Cady and the Largemouth on Amazon.

I've been curious whether I could get attach a different Nike sole for my Nike Cortezs so they're closer to the Bruins, but that might be too ambitious of a project haha

Hmmph, I ordered a size medium. I included a note that went over my brief measurements and asked them to give me whatever jacket fits best according to those measurements, but considering they're Japanese, I wonder how well that will go down. But someone did read my comment in the instagram live, so maybe there's a chance haha

Now that I've upgraded my jacket, I'm thinking about upgrading the rest of the suit. I found some high-waisted slim tapered acid wash jeans I was able to get a decent deal on (I used to wear Guess jeans, but both of them fit poorly and one was so old it tore apart at the knees upon a wash), and now I'm gonna seek out the best solution for the down vest and button up shirt that isn't headgoonie prices lol

I'm debating between picking up the now "stage accurate" puffer vest from Magnoli vs the Max Cady puffer vest. And for the shirt, it'll be between the Max Cady and the Largemouth on Amazon.

I've been curious whether I could get attach a different Nike sole for my Nike Cortezs so they're closer to the Bruins, but that might be too ambitious of a project haha
Headgoonie has the vest too. Best replica ever made of it.

I did not know about this. Do you have a picture?
FFD62843-8653-453D-89C4-4394221F6077.jpeg

Pulled it out right now just for you. Haha

Made from a vest AND a coat I turned into fabric.

While I had the vest apart I made a pattern off of it and scaled that pattern based on intel from Class 5 owners. So my Etsy store now has an accurate 5 line pattern for multiple standard sizes.

And Taren Saunders gets the award for being the first one to complete a vest based on the pattern. (It looks fantastic)

View attachment 1499047

While I had the vest apart I made a pattern off of it and scaled that pattern based on intel from Class 5 owners. So my Etsy store now has an accurate 5 line pattern for multiple standard sizes.

And Taren Saunders gets the award for being the first one to complete a vest based on the pattern. (It looks fantastic)
Nice! That's really impressive dude.

Here’s a question. I’ve seen a few people saying the Max Cady is still better than the Headgoonie. Can that possibly be true?

Max Cady is like the Walmart Great Value brand of clothing. Whoever said that is definitely misinformed.
Agreed in my books it’s goes:

Best to ‘worst’
Headgoonie
The Hundreds/Magnoli (kind of on par in terms of quality, some inaccuracies though)
Max Cady (if you can pick up a pre-2019 version, they're the best that they've offered so far)
Halloween Costume replicas you find on eBay

Last edited:

I swear my puffer I picked up on Poshmark feels like it’s really close to the right color. If only I could mod the pockets to be the right shape.
26636B60-0351-4134-8595-2FE9E38E7043.jpeg

So here's a question... When it comes to measurements, different places measure from different points. With the Headgoonie small, when it says "body length 60cm," is that starting where the shoulder meets the sleeve, or from the collar? Measurements from those two places should be a couple of inches different!

It occurs to me that I just dropped into this thread suddenly, lol. I usually lurk quietly. Hello, everyone!

Last edited:
Everyone, do you think the new version grey is too dark? this is really what concerns me from ordering this.. can any of you direct contact Miki regarding the grey? Was it just the photograph and how it looks on normal lighting and outside? also the blue is a bit weaker this time? i think the color of 2018 nailed the blue and the grey better than this one.
05c134f2d68b2adf6441.jpeg
baf8584a64818bed3e09.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back