Back to the Future 1985 Denim Jacket 2018 Update

CF76F5D8-A40A-4D73-BAD6-303256FE8129.jpeg
A7F634F0-6EED-4681-A540-C6592B9A7740.jpeg
27FEC8BB-24E1-41E3-ACA7-2B04647AA37B.jpeg

Are there any notable changes to the design?
The main thing I’ve read is that they’ve changed the way the denim is reproduced. Before they had a grey material they weathered by air brushing blue paint onto the fabric. It seems that now they are reproducing the grey section via an acid/stone wash process instead, hence the darker blue fabric in the photos.

Aside from that, the button clasps have been made more accurate and I think they worked with another superfan/collector who had a few original Guess jackets they used as reference.

The main thing I’ve read is that they’ve changed the way the denim is reproduced. Before they had a grey material they weathered by air brushing blue paint onto the fabric. It seems that now they are reproducing the grey section via an acid/stone wash process instead, hence the darker blue fabric in the photos.

Aside from that, the button clasps have been made more accurate and I think they worked with another superfan/collector who had a few original Guess jackets they used as reference.
Nice! I'll be selling my original 2018 jacket and get this new one. I have a size small but I should have gotten a medium. I'll fix that this time around.

Nice! I'll be selling my original 2018 jacket and get this new one. I have a size small but I should have gotten a medium. I'll fix that this time around.
yes, that's my only gripe on the 2018...i brought the wrong size and when the sleeves is folded it doesn't align with my wrist.
Thinking to letting that one go.... But still waiting for the final product of this one to judge it... the greys and the blues all combined together.

E798F7AC-8F50-4804-A73B-B7AF9AAEABD7.jpeg

HG sent me this photo of the new jacket. I still think the grey denim is too dark but it should look ok after one or two washes seeing as it hasn’t been airbrushed on. They seem to have nailed the buttons and the yoke

Not to mention since it is a process wash this time around, results my vary from jacket to jacket.

Attaching the original jacket for reference.

Attachments

• 707CB3B2-D52F-4B3F-B691-7952E36F154F.png
    707CB3B2-D52F-4B3F-B691-7952E36F154F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
View attachment 1498345
HG sent me this photo of the new jacket. I still think the grey denim is too dark but it should look ok after one or two washes seeing as it hasn’t been airbrushed on. They seem to have nailed the buttons and the yoke
So this is just a product test then? still too much alike The Hundreds jacket with that grey...i hope they refined it again.

Question to all: do you think that Headgoonie make the collar too large, i always compared Marty's one to be a bit shortened so it can stand up nicely.

So this is just a product test then? still too much alike The Hundreds jacket with that grey...i hope they refined it again.

Question to all: do you think that Headgoonie make the collar too large, i always compared Marty's one to be a bit shortened so it can stand up nicely.
It looks like it was just the first product test from the factory line but the photo was in bad lighting? Here’s the latest screen grab from a video, the grey is looking much better!

I think the collar on The Hundreds jacket is actually pretty spot on. At least it is on my jacket sized small

Attachments

• 124B8473-944B-455B-A1E0-4E9E989EAE1A.png
    124B8473-944B-455B-A1E0-4E9E989EAE1A.png
    10.2 MB · Views: 140

Hey, I'll give benefit of the doubt and assume it to be just a progress teaser... hopefully :unsure:

And I'm %100 with you on the collar(y)(y)
That's actually 1 of the main issues that I had with the 2018 model. It stands too tall and too sharp-angled at the points
to wear nicely as a "pop" collar. Also, to go along with the shape/size of the collar, the fabric itself was too soft and flimsy.
For me... it felt more like a shirt-jacket, and the collar made it look like one too.
These are two of the things I think the 2015 model had over the 2018 one.

It's up and boy how the price is inflated....:oops:
1985 TIMETRAVELERS BOMBER JACKET
Yes the price is definitely inflated in comparison to the 3rd & 4th iterations. But from what I saw on the IGTV stream today, this version is a massive improvement upon the previous ones. The denim colour looks more accurate (this time it is Black Ox Denim that has been stonewashed) and the buttons & pockets appear to be more accurate. Plus the fit looks a lot nicer and more like the Guess jackets than a baggy denim shirt. I’ve included a screenshot of the new jacket.

It’s a shame the price is so high but it does appear to be the highest replica on the market. Advance Reservations are apparently only open today and tomorrow but I’m not sure if that is just a bad translation by google

Attachments

• 08BFF863-AEDF-4C33-975B-CB3222FCC6E3.png
    08BFF863-AEDF-4C33-975B-CB3222FCC6E3.png
    9 MB · Views: 180
  • F27A4970-0E04-4B7B-B528-3E6799ACCF95.png
    F27A4970-0E04-4B7B-B528-3E6799ACCF95.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 185
Headgoonie adjusted the measurements for every size to be a little bit bigger than the 2018 jacket. So for everyone ordering this, keep that in mind. They made each size several centimeters bigger in some places. Most notably the length. For example, the size small is now 4 centimeters longer than in 2018.

Headgoonie adjusted the measurements for every size to be a little bit bigger than the 2018 jacket. So for everyone ordering this, keep that in mind. They made each size several centimeters bigger in some places. Most notably the length. For example, the size small is now 4 centimeters longer than in 2018.
Which sucks because now all of their sizes are larger than the screen used, which I believe is 59cm long in the body, and theirs is 60.

...but I still bought one. haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back