Back to the Future 1985 Denim Jacket 2018 Update

Sold out REAL quick, yeah. That's always the issue when there's crossover to the streetwear brands, like with the MAGs - the sneakerheads go crazy for this stuff. In the end of the video Bobby Hundreds mentions that they're dropping Part III merch later this year. It'll be interesting to see how they incorporate the western look.

My Denim Jacket arrived from The Hundreds! Did a little unboxing video which hopefully gives you some good looks at the jacket and points out where things aren't screen accurate. Overall I think they did a really nice job on the jacket and is something I can definitely see myself wearing day to day. Only thing I may change eventually is the lining for a more accurate one.

I also got Doc's Shirt from Part 2/3, again not completely screen accurate but it's a great piece to have in the wardrobe!

Did anyone pick up the re-release of The Hundreds jacket? It dropped at 9pm PT on Sunday. Looks like there are still L-XXL left.

Did anyone pick up the re-release of The Hundreds jacket? It dropped at 9pm PT on Sunday. Looks like there are still L-XXL left.
I managed to pick up another small to display.

I can take some high res photos of the jacket if anyone would like to see them? As I showed in the video I posted above, it’s not 100% screen accurate but it’s a really nice replica with the correct denim weight

I can take some high res photos of the jacket if anyone would like to see them? As I showed in the video I posted above, it’s not 100% screen accurate but it’s a really nice replica with the correct denim weight
How much did you end up wearing your other one for day to day wear?

bloc, hey, thanks for doing a video - what size did you order? Do you feel like it runs big? Small? Have you washed it? Thanks!

How much did you end up wearing your other one for day to day wear?
I pretty much wear it most weeks (when we're allowed to go out!) now that the weather has turned colder in the UK, the only thing that kind of grates me is how white the lining is so I may take it to a tailor to get the screen accurate lining from Spoonflower added.

bloc, hey, thanks for doing a video - what size did you order? Do you feel like it runs big? Small? Have you washed it? Thanks!

I got a Small from the first drop they did this year and it runs a little oversized like Marty's and the usual Georges Marciano denim jackets. Only difference I can see in terms of denim design is that the elastic isn't that cropped but I'm sure as the jacket ages, it'll end up similar to how MJF's is in the film. Although I did read a theory that the costume designers turned up jacket elastic when they added the paisley & hollywood lining.

I have washed once inside out to see if the grey denim would fade and it did very slightly but if I keep doing that, I'll also fade the blue denim which is already pretty much spot on. I think I may just wait to see how it fades with age and natural wear. Unless anyone has any tips for fading just the grey denim?

I'll upload some pictures tomorrow if I get the chance. But overall, I'd say it's a great jacket! If they still have your size left, go for it! It's the best looking replica that you can work with in a decent price range. Just be warned they run a size larger than normal.

Cool - thanks for the info... I was able to snag an XL, but pretty sure it's going to be too big for me - grrr...
I’d say I’d you’re normally an XXL, itll be perfect.
If not, you could either display it, take it to a tailor to see if they can work with it as they will have a lot of extra denim to work with and should hopefully just be a case of trimming everything down by scale to your size or flip it (these items fetch a lot of money online as they sell out so quick and they’re classed Streetwear so people pay silly money for them!)

I’d say I’d you’re normally an XXL, itll be perfect.
If not, you could either display it, take it to a tailor to see if they can work with it as they will have a lot of extra denim to work with and should hopefully just be a case of trimming everything down by scale to your size or flip it (these items fetch a lot of money online as they sell out so quick and they’re classed Streetwear so people pay silly money for them!)

Thanks - yeah, I think I'm going to swimming in an XL - may have to return it and try and find a large...

It’s great they released a second wave (even though it was extremely limited), gave people who missed the initial release a chance to pick one up. They must have only had a few smalls and mediums left, those things sold out in seconds haha. No one would happen to have a spare small laying around haha, worth a try

It’s great they released a second wave (even though it was extremely limited), gave people who missed the initial release a chance to pick one up. They must have only had a few smalls and mediums left, those things sold out in seconds haha. No one would happen to have a spare small laying around haha, worth a try

I would have said yes but it turns out my order was too late and they were out of stock by the time my payment processed! I've got a refund on the way but a bit annoying! I will try to get some Hi Res pics of my jacket from the first drop earlier this year up over the weekend as I believe this second drop was identical.

Just got the XL in the mail - LOVE the look and feel of this thing - the fabric is top notch. Even though it's not a large, it's not as huge as I was expecting (that and I'm sporting the quarantine 15), hahaha:

Attachments

• marty2.jpg
    marty2.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 410
Don't know if anyone saw but Headgoonie are doing another version of the Marty Denim Jacket according to their IGTV! They've acquired two Guess vests which they'll be using as a basis to compare the denim to so here's hoping they fix the inaccuracies with their last jacket and we should have a 100% screen accurate replica!

3 years later I was able to buy the 2018 jacket and it still hasn't reached me xd but they sent me photos of the jacket, how bad it is and now I find out that headgoonie will make a new version of the denim jacket

Attachments

• A7D035E9-CBB3-4686-AF5B-4135F14CB72F.jpeg
    A7D035E9-CBB3-4686-AF5B-4135F14CB72F.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 279
  • 6BA2603C-DF98-47BC-B026-2F7F945AFEF7.jpeg
    6BA2603C-DF98-47BC-B026-2F7F945AFEF7.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 615
¿Nueva versión? ¿de dónde sacas esta noticia? ¿Alguna declaración oficial de ellos?
I was talking with a friend of headgoonie and he says that he and headgoonie are working on a new version of the denim jacket, I also told him to go through this thread so you can see everything we have been talking about his jacket from 2018

Last edited:
Figured it would be interesting to share these pictures of the same cut/style Guess jacket that I had found on depop. Unfortunately the seller doesn't remember the tag number, but its worth a look anyhow. All the accurate details, sans the colors can be found and analyzed here.

I'm 90% certain Marty's jacket was actually a woman's jacket due to the red guess label (same with his pants), you see the green guess label is reserved for men. Really wish I could find the cut number though, not that it would have been readily available.

Attachments

• P0 (3).jpg
    P0 (3).jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 252
  • P0 (2).jpg
    P0 (2).jpg
    569.4 KB · Views: 186
  • P0 (1).jpg
    P0 (1).jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 419
  • P0.jpg
    P0.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 465

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back