Baby Powder As A Release Agent On Silicone

kev1969

Ive read that some people rather than using a spray wax release agent with silicone molds use baby powder (talcum powder)
Has anyone used this method? Is it better than using wax spray?

It helps draw the resin into the details.

As far as I know about the only thing that sticks to silicon is silicon.

In the past my friends and I even sprayed paint into molds to cut down on having to paint pieces. (didn't always work)

I have used both spray release and baby powder over the past several years. In my opinion, the baby powder does just as good a job of being a release agent as the spray release. Make sure to use one of the two methods though, to prolong the life of your mold. I've had multiple occasions where i stopped using a release agent because I ran out or I simply didn't feel like taking the time to apply it to the mold before pouring the resin, and after a few castings the silicon drys out and the mold will eventually rip when you remove the casting.

Can you use baby powder on silicone breasts instead of talcum powder
Is this a bot?

Also talc/baby powder is good for drawing resin into details but remember to use an air hose to remove ALLLLL the excess powerder. It might also seem a little grippier to the resin. But ive not had any problems with it.

Never used a release agent.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back