AVP Armor

gromitbassist

Hey all you hunters,

Newbe Paul from Connecticut here. I finally decided to get on with it and get started on building my own AVP Predator armor. I just bought the 4' by 8' sheet of sintra and in the next few days I shall be get on with the work. I will be taking and sharing pix along the journey.

Sounds good!!! I started off by trying an AVP costume, but I've gotten lazy, so it's gonna be unique. I'm also making mine from cardboard and paper mache. But good luck dude!! I look forward to seeing pics!

hey man its kyle from ri I just ordered sintra plastic from a sign store like 2 seconds up the road its next day shipping what thinkness did you get I got 1/8 I hope thats right and its way to thick for 1/4 especially since theres layers upon layers.

1/8th is what I used. I'm in the middle of making my armor as well if either of you need any assistance or suggestions let me know. And good luck guys!

I did get the 1\8" thickness, its easier to work with and adding a "second layer" isn't hard to do if some extra thickness is needed in an area. As I learned from costume making in the "legion/garrison", take your time. Measure twice and cut once.

Well the sintra for the shoulder bells, biceps, midsection, thighs and groin armor is cut. Quite fun stuff to work with. Molding and painting on Monday, hopefully pix as well. "Stay thirsty my friends".

I did get the 1\8" thickness, its easier to work with and adding a "second layer" isn't hard to do if some extra thickness is needed in an area. As I learned from costume making in the "legion/garrison", take your time. Measure twice and cut once.

Sintra and fomies are going to give you the best budget quality imo. I used fomies for last years and latex and foamies this year. Creating a custom look for this year

I used 1/4 for the shoulder bells I constructed, pics are in one of my posts....I liked the thicker look, and it formed just about as easy as the thin stuff with a heat gun...

yea i got 1/4 too for the bells and the groin and but flaps i dont want thee groin or butt pice to be one big hard part want them to move. i think u most deff need 1/4 for the blades

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back