Norton (David Banner), and that guy they made CAPTAIN AMERICA
NOT A GOOD IDEA AT ALL. They should have got this guy for my money
Sam Worthington and as far as Nick Fury...well I am an old school comic
book fan and I liked the original guy, not that I don't like Sam Jackson
he is one of my favorite actors to watch, but this guy should have been
NICK FURY....Christian Bale!

But I guess that would be going to the well to many times
with an actor but heck the guys good!

All in all the Avengers will be the movie of the YEAR I think.

fortress66

I agree, Edward Norton was SO MUCH BETTER as The Hulk.. And I also agree on your choise of Cpt. America.. But I think Christian Bale is too young to play Nick Fury.
My fav actor is Sam Jackson, but Nick Fury is white... and has hair! gray on the sides even!

I agree, Edward Norton was SO MUCH BETTER as The Hulk.. And I also agree on your choise of Cpt. America.. But I think Christian Bale is too young to play Nick Fury.
My fav actor is Sam Jackson, but Nick Fury is white... and has hair! gray on the sides even!

well they shouldve picked someone else for nick fury from the start, as much as i like samuel jackson.
but now its too late, he started the role, and he is gonna finish it :D

i guess norton didnt want to play the hulk, so they had to go with someone else (the probably wanted bana too, but i dont like him :) )

Ooh. Just found some pics.
16jkl01.jpg

The-Avengers-Logo.jpg

avenge.png

is Micheal Bay directing the scenes in the city? I swear when the cars started exploding I was watching Dark of the Moon..

:D

I keed I keed. I'm pretty frikkin excited for this, even though I was never the hugest fan of Hawkeye, except in Old Man Logan.. Can't wait for it!!!

Not sure I've ever been this excited over a film. I've downloaded and watched it at least a dozen times already - and that was after staying up until 6:00am hoping it would become available.

I for one feel that Norton's Banner and Downey Jr's Stark would have stolen the show - go back and watch the incredible hulk and tell me you can't joyfully imagine Tony stirring Bruce up. However; I have faith in Marvel, Whedon and Ruffalo to give us a Banner worthy of this film franchise.

And being an Australian Cap fan from way back, this might offend some of you Cap-fanatics; I love Chris Evans' Steve Rogers. Stepping away from the established stone-cold super soldier/embodiment of patriotism and giving us a more complex, inspiring and fallible hero is a very enjoyable take on the character. I just hope we are convinced when he assumes the lead among the Avengers.

Yeah I finally took the plunge - and it took the Avengers trailer to make me! Although it doesn't feel like a first post... I always 'post' a response in my head when I read things!

Quite seriously considering costuming up for the premiere. I'm that excited.

well they shouldve picked someone else for nick fury from the start, as much as i like samuel jackson.
but now its too late, he started the role, and he is gonna finish it :D
Why is it that NO ONE but me has bothered to read THE ULTIMATES by Mark Millar and Brian Hitch? :confused

That Ultimate Marvel version of The Avengers is a HUGE inspiration for Marvel's filmmakers. It would be bloody obvious to anyone that's read the book why Samuel L. Jackson is playing Nick Fury, but for those of you that remain clue free, I give you Ultimate Nick Fury...

406px-Furyult.jpg

Brian Hitch drew the character to look like Samuel L. Jackson years before Sam signed on to play him in live action films. In an early issue of The Ultimates, the team is discussing who should play them in a movie about their adventures, and Nick Fury says "Samuel L. Jackson, of course." And the rest, as they say, is history. ;)

In fact, here's the panel in question...

samjackson.jpg

If I Remember Correctly, it was also stated by one or more of the characters that Steve Buscemi would be a good choice for Dr. Bruce Banner (at the time, many fanboys suggested him to star in the then-still-upcoming Hulk movie directed by Ang Lee.)

Last edited:
Why is it that NO ONE but me has bothered to read THE ULTIMATES by Mark Millar and Brian Hitch? :confused

Everyone has. The reason Samu-El and his folks didn't sue Hitch and Marvel is because S is such a comics fan and saw the opportunity and said hire me to play Fury in your upcoming and I won't sue everyone and their mother for appropriating my likeness rights. This is sort of an open secret in comics, especially after the George Clooney/Ennis-Robertson debacle.

Never read ultimates didnt even know he was black in the comics till this thread, nick fury was always a older white guy for me growing up...

For almost all super hero movies etc I'm a total purist, But.. Sam Jackson just clicks for me in that role! SAY WHAT AGAIN!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back