Avengers Movie SPOILER Thread

Re: The avengers what did you think?

I saw it 2 weeks ago, I'm seeing it again tomorrow, and I'll be watching it again on the midnight screening next Thursday. THAT'S how amazing this movie is. By far the most entertaining movie I've seen in ages.

^Holy-cow that's a lot of viewings!!

At current cinema prices in the us, even going alone, that's quite a bit of $$$

it's a shame they did not explane why thor's hammer got another handle. the part that the hulk changes in the city and punches that thing in to the ground was great!

wel it's strange that you see something different on something that's so ancient. with the stark suits they explain why he changes it. but no worries it's just a small detail thing :p

i liked how captain america worked together with shiel and iron mans beam:p

How much of a shame, really?

serious spoilers.... DON'T READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE. this movie is not worth wasting on spoilers. you have to see it with fresh eyes.

ok. what got me was: why did bruce pick up the spear?.... maybe a cut part of the movie, it kinda happened and then bam hulk is getting seven shades of s*** beaten out of him by thor and you never hear anything about it again.... my boss was saying maybe it was the hulk reacting, wanting to use it or smash it, I dunno.

god I can NOT wait till this is available.

serious spoilers.... DON'T READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE. this movie is not worth wasting on spoilers. you have to see it with fresh eyes.

ok. what got me was: why did bruce pick up the spear?.... maybe a cut part of the movie, it kinda happened and then bam hulk is getting seven shades of s*** beaten out of him by thor and you never hear anything about it again.... my boss was saying maybe it was the hulk reacting, wanting to use it or smash it, I dunno.

god I can NOT wait till this is available.

I didn't quite fully understand that part at first either but it was supposed to show that Banner was getting angry and starting to lose control of himself, so he subconsciously picked up the spear. I initially thought that maybe Loki planted something in the spear to help make Bruce go Hulk but Loki's plan was simply to get caught and keep SHIELD busy while Hawkeye went to steal the iridium. I don't think there was anything fishy going on with his spear, they threw that in there to simply show Banner was getting more and more upset and to add to the tension between amongst the Avengers.

Or maybe Loki wanted Banner to go Hulk and so there was something in the spear as BW was able to get Loki to admit that Hulk was part of his plans. I'll keep an eye out when I see it again tonight.

Last edited:

Without doubt the best movie I have seen as far as I remember, I couldnt fault a single thing. Loved Hulk and Thor!

To be honest, I think the spear had some sort of influence over them all. Like it was making them all short tempered and making them argue with each other. If this was the case, then it explains why Loki intentially got captured, as he probably knew Banner would be in close proximity to it, increasing the chance of him Hulking out.

Therefore, he unconsciously picked it up because it wanted him to...

Thats my theory anyway

Argh! You guys are killing me! I still have to wait a whole week before I can see it!

I thought during the scene with the spear Loki seemed to be listening to what was being said and possibly had some form of influence over Banner similar to in the extra scene at the end of Thor where he seems to be controlling Selvig.
also the bracelets Stark put on, i think, are leading into them using the Extremis storyline in IM3.
but other than that IT'S FREAKING EPIC with a capital OMG!
can't wait till Sunday so I can go see it again!

The movie had an overwhelming amount of action put into it. By far the most intense action movie made to date. Many funny quotes through the movie, and Hulk was smashin'.

this is the best movie I've ever seen and lots of props now i want!!

Ironman:
RDJ plays his usual role of the "billionaire, playboy, philanthropist" but you see an new side of selflessness

Captain America:
Brilliantly played by Evans! I love how they have kept the 40's look on him in the modern world!

Thor:
Not as much screen time as I thought he'd have but a brilliant on screen relationship with the Hulk

Hulk:
All I can say is I wish Mark Ruffalo played the Hulk in the first two movies as he plays Banner superbly!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back