Avengers: Infinity War (Pre-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh,I liked several moments in the movie and the script was very well written.It's just that it felt chaotic,too much going on at once with too many characters in too many worlds.Give me a good showdown between Spidey and one or two villains any day,but it looked to me as though they wanted to outdo themselves this time.That,and I prefer Marvel stories taking place on earth.Going into space and the tribal element just didn't do it for me.

I'm also a stickler for tradition.I like Cap's classic look.They didn't go that route from day one,and so I persevered as they introduced his 'updated' appearance and I thought it was okay.
But now Cap (to me) doesn't look like anything from the comics anymore.He ditched his shield in Civil War,now he lost his suit too,everyone has different weapons,even the ones that were 'updated' are again 'updated' and I just can't get used to that,nor do I appreciate that as a comic fan.

Yeah,I know that from comic book to live-action movie there need to be compromises; can't have another power ranger show,I get that.But the need to constantly overhaul every character,even Spider-man,just to make it look 'different','more' or 'better',the whole 'it's never enough and had to be updated for the next adventure' ruins the MCU experience for me.

Just my two cents.Glad you enjoyed the movie though,Thain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back