Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
You know, everyone keeps blaming Starlord for what happened. But the fact is that Dr. Strange is at fault. He saw all possible outcomes, and knew that Starlord being told about Gamora would have caused how things played out, yet he didn't tell anyone about it. Seriously, if they really wanted to win, Strange could have told Starlord about Gamora's death, or told everyone how Gamora's death would in turn set Starlord to muck things up. That would have given him a chance to get his anger out and then get focused on stopping Thanos (exactly like how he had his brief outburst and then got focused on saving the galaxy from Ego in GOTG, Vol. 2) or would have allowed the team to coin earning Starlord to sit out the fight as a backup in case something went wrong.

Good point. I, however, would like to make the statement that neither ruined things. I say this due to the moment where Doctor Strange stated that he calculated the possibilities and only found ONE timeline in which they win. My guess is that Peter needed to react in that way to follow the correct timeline.

... Doctor Strange stated that he calculated the possibilities and only found ONE timeline in which they win. My guess is that Peter needed to react in that way to follow the correct timeline.

Exactly, the short of it is gonna end up being that they weren't going to be able to stop Thanos, but they would be able to defeat him afterwards, and undo what he did.

Strange knew what needed to happen, made sure it happened, and even confirmed to Tony that they had officially gotten to the important part. being where they were, with starlord having done what he did, was a part of how things had to play out for them to win.

krista-retweeted-anna-rosesmcu-in-the-2004-disney-film-the-35788294.png

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back