Screenshot (60).png

Full Mount
Screenshot (61).png

Inner Mount
Screenshot (62).png

Last edited:
wow that looks amazing!

Thank you :)
out of all my sketches, this was the best concept I could come up with. One between the COD and tummy, and one between the tummy and chest. One outer roller in the back one on each side allowing between 20-30 degree rotation for the inner frame. The shell will be added later with magnets and small strips of Velcro for easy removal.

Thank you :)
out of all my sketches, this was the best concept I could come up with. One between the COD and tummy, and one between the tummy and chest. One outer roller in the back one on each side allowing between 20-30 degree rotation for the inner frame. The shell will be added later with magnets and small strips of Velcro for easy removal.

Dang that is intense. I really can't wait to see it in action. This is way deeper than cosplay, this is more like mechanical engineering level....

Yes and no, been replacing worn out parts here and there and doing test prints for some fine tuning with the new motherboard and updated software.

Resisting the temptation to go with nylon at the moment, but I may have to for the strength factor for the lower section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I basically took the open source V-Slot channeling system and made a circle out of it. Combined with the rollers I made up (posted in the link to the 3D files) I should have a nice rotation. One set between the tummy and cod, and one set between the tummy and chest piece. Light weight springs to return them to center.

I'll sketch it up and post when we're done packing for the cruse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Upper and lower sections. the rollers will be mounted to the upper section allowing rotation left and right. The framework will then attach to the appropriate rail using standard mounting hardware that supports the V-Slot system. I hope this makes sense.

Screenshot (60).pngScreenshot (63).pngScreenshot (64).pngScreenshot (65).png

I'll add a third smaller (not as hefty) design to allow the helmet to swivel also

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back