Avatar all metal Quaritch SN-9 airsoft pistol FINISHED!

Dymerski

Sr Member
She is done! All metal, no plastic or gluing, grips are resin. Everything is brazed together. Based off of an Dan Wesson 715 revolver we did some extenisve reverse engineering to figure how they made it... I think we nailed it! My son Luke and I learned a ton of techniques to get her done, brazing, electro engraving and much more. As you can see in the pics she also has a working light and red dot scope. Some mods had to be made in order for it to fire, such as the grip is a little larger in order for the CO2 to fit. plus there is a screw hole we needed to keep. I also used allen head screws instead of those 3 hole ones used on the screen used. The safety also rotates. She is heafty and fun to shoot! as for the base, I wanted it to be a part of the Na'vi Home tree....all the white areas glow in the dark.
hope you all like!
Dean
If you go to facebook.com/scifiairsoft there is video.

Attachments

• IMG_3066.JPG
    IMG_3066.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_3067.JPG
    IMG_3067.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3068.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3069.JPG
    IMG_3069.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3070.JPG
    IMG_3070.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3072.JPG
    IMG_3072.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3073.JPG
    IMG_3073.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3075.JPG
    IMG_3075.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3076.JPG
    IMG_3076.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_3077.JPG
    IMG_3077.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3078.JPG
    IMG_3078.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
An excellent build and cool results:cool Pro-Job all the way!!...personally, I would've put that beautiful industrial weapon on a industrial background (but that's just my two cents worth and I understand the wooden background idea behind it;)).

Fantastic. One of the greatest movie gun designs.
You did a great job on this one.

But I've always wondered why no company has ever made a replica of this pistol..?

Fantastic. One of the greatest movie gun designs.
You did a great job on this one.

But I've always wondered why no company has ever made a replica of this pistol..?

seriously. Great job OP.

Someone needs to make a resin cast of this prop.

Good idea. Strange that there have not been more positive reactions... Maybe most people are on holiday.

You may try with an interest thread in the junkyard. Anyway, you can count me as interested.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back