Limited Run Ark of the Covenant Kit

Hi Philip.

Any news about the lifting poles and embroidered cloth sleeves for the Ark kit ?

None, though it's my fault as I haven't worked on the embroidery again after the second test was worse than the first one.

The poles can be done at any time as I had a bunch of the oak rounds made some time ago and the lathe pattern is done for them.

I just need to sort out what they cost me to do.

It will be a bit before I get back to the cloth sleeves though.

Wow, for a whopping $3600 I would expect the Cherubs to be included in this kit!?

$3600 is a bargain for this kit actually... even without them. The parts are huge, accurate, and high quality... when you receive them you have to do pretty much diddly squat as the resin bits have all been 90-95% completely worked, and the wood has all been custom routed and cut. Not to mention the custom designed and CNC'd aluminum bits made just for this kit. The tutorial and everything is all figured out... all you have to do is assemble and prep it for paint/chroming.

If you only could see the insane amount of time and care that went and goes into this project...

I read about this kit back when they were creating all the parts for molding and everything. If this is that same kit, nothing was overlooked as far as accuracy goes. It seemed quite a painstaking and precise endeavor. I guess if that price is a bargain, I would expect it to be pretty fricken spectacular as well as complete!? I wasn't trying to offend anyone and I apologizes if I came off that way. That just seems expensive, but it is a very large intricate piece and I assume you get what you pay for with this one?

Hello, ogrotesque1.

You can say, "I wish this came with the Cherubs".

But other than that,.....PRICE BASHING.......is specifically against theRPF rules.

Again, i am very sorry! I was not trying to "price bash" at all. I really respect those involved for all the work that went into this piece, i never meant to insult anyone. Please forgive me if i sounded rude or disrespectful? That was not my intention.

True vacuum metallizon for large objects is rare and expensive. Spray chrome processes like Cosmichrome are what you need. Ask Cosmichrome for vendor names in your region. And there is also burnished faux gold leaf as a DIY solution, but if you invest in this kit, you really should budget in Cosmichrome.

Recently received my kit. Excellent work, Bluerealm did a great job on this. Everything packed carefully, all trim parts look great, panels, etc. Looking forward to finishing this project.

Well worth every dime.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back