Apollo 18

One thing I hate doing is watching horror movies in theaters. Glad I follow my own advice.

Only horror movie I'm looking forward to in theaters is The Collection

I recently watched it on cable and I did like it.

But, one of the problems I had was that for a moon launch, there had to be 1000's of people involved. It's true most of them may not have known there were actually people on board, but the controllers would have. How did the DOD get all of them to not say anything or did they just kill anyone who knew, which I would not put past them.

I recently watched it on cable and I did like it.

But, one of the problems I had was that for a moon launch, there had to be 1000's of people involved. It's true most of them may not have known there were actually people on board, but the controllers would have. How did the DOD get all of them to not say anything or did they just kill anyone who knew, which I would not put past them.

Not to mention all the people that live hear it. A full Saturn V and the smaller ones they used for Skylab were clearly different.

I found this thread while looking for something else, but if you want a decent Apollo conspiracy I am about half way through The Cassandra Project, a book about someone finding out that we actually landed on the moon before Apollo 11, but most of the people who were keeping it secret are dead. Unfortunately, I read the short story it is based on so unless they changed the ending I know what happened.

Not to mention all the people that live hear it. A full Saturn V and the smaller ones they used for Skylab were clearly different.

That was at least one thing they covered by saying it was an unmanned launch, but then why would they be launching a full Saturn V unmanned at this point in time when all of the moon landings after Apollo 17 were cancelled because of budget cuts.

SPOILER ALERT:

The first time i saw this movie it really gave me the creeps. The concept of moon rocks as sentient life forms, ridiculous as it sounds at first, is done so well and with such atmosphere (or lack thereof :D) that it becomes totally believable. Sure would explain why we haven't back. I just find it hard to swallow that something like that could be kept a secret, but hey, there have been bigger that have made bigger leaps. And the authentic looking "footage" really makes for watching it many times over. 4 stars out of 5 for me.

Last edited:
SPoiler:

Well. This thread was a lot like the movie. Mostly dull with bits of random excitement. Some good references. I liked the movie but had very low expectations.
"Spiders in the suit" in space is a powerful scifi image.

It is like watching someone else's home movies. Mostly boring but it is in space and there are some surprises. Like many people here I am a huge space suit fan.
Because is was "secret footage" you know it is not going to be giant alien robots on the moon. It has a certain plausibility.
It is a space movie with aliens. Invest 2 hours of your life.

I just scored a cap from the production of the film, and I'm really tempted to wear it to Kennedy Space Center the next time I go...
Apollo19Cap_zpsd877d998.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back