AOTC Battle Droid Base Color???

oblagon

Sr Member
Did a search on this and didn't find anything.

Does anyone know a spray paint on the market that's a match for the base color on the AOTC battle droid?

I picked up a MLC battle droid awhile back and wanted to paint him as close as possible to the movie version.

Yes, but in Attack of the Clones the droids were a reddish colour.

I think I remember reading that it was due to the colour of the ore on Geonosis... or something. :)

PS Sorry I can't help with a colour match.

Yes in AOTC they were a deep red color, Geonosis ore like Mars dirt or some such. If memory serves right their a maroon almost in shade.

The base color is the Ep I tan color. Be sure to give your droid a few good coats of this color so when you apply the reddish top coat, you can weather it without revealing primer.

Dont worry about getting an exact match since that wont be possible--there are just too many color variations depending on what scene you're looking at, and what lighting conditions were in that scene.

The base color is the Ep I tan color. Be sure to give your droid a few good coats of this color so when you apply the reddish top coat, you can weather it without revealing primer.

Dont worry about getting an exact match since that wont be possible--there are just too many color variations depending on what scene you're looking at, and what lighting conditions were in that scene.

Is there any tan color in particular that you would recommend? Rustoleum had one that looked pretty good called Strawflower. It's sort of yellowish tan.
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=1&sid=7963830

Mine (model color) was based on was Ep I..sorry wasn't thinking when I posted pics.

If you are interested in the Episode I color as a base..I do have a "screen used Battle Droid bolt" (just a small 1/2 marble basically. I wonder if I could get it color scanned at home depot....not that wall paints would be any good to you...but maybe the color code could be duplicated in a spray can.

When I made my model the color of the "bolt" seemed too light based on screen shots...likely because of the lighting and size etc.

Mine (model color) was based on was Ep I..sorry wasn't thinking when I posted pics.

If you are interested in the Episode I color as a base..I do have a "screen used Battle Droid bolt" (just a small 1/2 marble basically. I wonder if I could get it color scanned at home depot....not that wall paints would be any good to you...but maybe the color code could be duplicated in a spray can.

When I made my model the color of the "bolt" seemed too light based on screen shots...likely because of the lighting and size etc.

Thanks, but no worries on the bolt. I like the testors armor sand color and have to agree that it looks almost spot on to what I saw on screen.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back