anyoner ever build a made up ship??

takevin

Sr Member
Ive been wanting to scratchbuild a ship, in the four or five foot range. Just wanted to see if anyone else has done one in any size?

I did one that was about 1 & a half feet long, it was an original design.
But at the time my model skills were not all that great, and I built it out of a milk jug and peanutbutter container with bits of other models added on it.
It was cool in the beginning, but the more I looked at it, the more I thought it looked like junnk.
It finally met it's doom in a black hole in the trash can galaxy.

I have one I plan to build and detail kitbash style, in a Corellian vein. But it's been on the back burner among many other projects for quite a while...

I started a Neb-B frigate one time that was to scale with the Falcon kit that's in the Hoth Rebel Base model kit by AMT/ERTL.... it was around the 5ft. range. I got all of the basic shape down, and then being my usual self figured I would superdetail it so I started to cut back into it to add things to the interior.... bad move. I got frustrated and scrapped it. I still want to build it though, so perhaps soon considering i know of better ways of building it now....

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back