Anyone Try Gorilla Glue?

A Hunters Moon

Anyone ever tried gorilla glue for attaching chain to hang their bio? I've used it in the past for other projects and it's like it bonds on a molecular level. lol Though it says not to use it on polyethylene or polypropylene plastics. Either of those cause for concern or can i go ahead with it?

Well the only danger is that it heats up to cure but my experience is that it doesn't get that warm at all. It holds latex, rubber together fine I have used it several times. Just be mindful of the expansion and foam up like "great stuff" spray does.
I think it'll be fine but a test piece wouldn't hurt :)

I have three bios hanging from .... shoe laces, believe it or not..... and I used Gorilla Glue to adhere them to the inside of the bio. No issues AT ALL.

Nice, I new it was good stuff but wasn't sure how it'd adhere to a bios resin. I've now glued down my tri-laser battery pack with and it's working really well. I'm wondering, how much did you guys use on your shoelaces etc? I have my chain tacked down with it now but want to add more for stability.

I use gorilla glue for just about everything -- it works lots better than superglue, especially on metal.

One thing to watch out for, though, is that it expands a lot as it dries and tends to goosh out all over the place, so you need to keep wiping off the excess before it dries.

The other problem is that gorilla glue takes a while to dry, and you don't want to be standing there holding the pieces together until it sets. So I always put just a drop of superglue there too--the superglue dries quickly and tacks the pieces together until the gorilla glue is dry.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back