Anyone tried using flip paint on a bio?

frosty

Sr Member
I found this paint the other day on ebay, gave me an idea
paint
I'm thinking it will work on a bio, kind of like its caught 'mid cloak', its only a small bottle for the money, but i'm hoping you won't need a lot of it, i've ordered some, see how it works.
Anyone ever tried it or something similar?

There is a local TVR Cerbera with a very very similar paint job, and it looks stunning ( shame the cars like to try kill people unless going in straight lines hehe )

That would look good if you sort of painted a certain % normally then the remainder in this, could be a very cool effect.

i've seen it on a couple of show cars over the years, it does look good in person, have to see what its like, ideally it would be good to paint the bio as normal then add this over the top, but i'm thinking it doesn't work that way.
the idea i had was for a black bio, then this over the top, with maybe a light up lens, the only problem is i can see it looking like an 'ali g' pimped up bio, lol

This is a great idea, it'll be a hell of a paint job if you do it right!
Good Luck!!
Just remember one thing, Pictures,pictures,pictures!

Ive seen this paint used on Robocop armor an it looks really neato if done right. Like everybody has said.. post up plenty of pictures.. an it might look cool on other pieces of armor as well.. If done in small spots it might get that "mid cloak" look

Its been around for awhile in the automotive industry. It was originally called Chameleon Pearl. There were three or four variations...the blue-green-purple you see here(Chameleon), a brown-gold-purply color(Rootbeer), and a red-orange-gold color(Tangerine). I think, its been awhile. :) House of Color did them originally I believe. It used to be god awful expensive and hard to spray. Would be interesting to see it on some armor.

Hey bovine i did paint a movie joker helmet in a tri-staged paint,it did come out pretty sweet.The problem i had is the cost.As you know spraying pearls and flakes without the proper guns and booth well you know.Anyways it would definitly be a different colorsceam not normanly seen.High end stuff brother=sweet.

Yeah some of the nozzles for this type of paint are huge. Have to be to let the flake pass through them. Another issue is the pressure you spray and the reducer you use. If you get it wrong the flakes settle and dont reflect right causing it not to flip like it supposed to. Thats why its so expensive for materials and labor.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back