Anyone know how I should start making the mummified hand from tomb raider? Himikos hand?

propdudeeee

EC64A5D6-3E3C-402E-82D8-AC3F25C4A49F.jpeg

You could buy a plastic skeleton hand and “corpse” it. Tearing off pieces of butcher paper and putting them on the hand and soak the paper with wood glue. Building up layers like that gives an old dried out flesh look. Just use some fake finger nails. The other method of corpsing were you use plastic wrap and just wrap it around everything and heat it up and it shrinks and clings looks more like soggy flesh when done. Or you could just sculpt it with foam clay or epoxy putty or oven bake clay. The finish on top almost looks like they applied a layer of flocking or saw dust.

If you're a beginner in this sort of thing I always thought this tutorial from dark artifacts would be a good place to start

It depends how creative you are. To me, even a mannequin hand might be a bit too thick, even though they are supposed to be proportioned to the human body. I would start off with an armature made out of a coat hanger. Once you get the frame of the hand complete you can choose your materials. Anything from clay to paper mache.

TazMan2000

Hello everyone, thanks for the tips, i have made a amateur of wire and have sculpted with air dry clay, i will start adding the texture with different mediums.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back