Anyone know anything about Meat Grinders?

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm looking to pick up a meat grinder so I can grind up some old moulds I have and use the silicone as "filler" in the new moulds I'm making.

Does anyone know anything about them?

I see listings like "#3 meat grinder" and "#2" "#10" etc.

Are they different degrees of fine-ness? Does a #2 grinder make smaller pieces than a #3 or a #10?

I want something that makes smaller chunks obviously. Other wise I'd just use a knife and risk cutting off a finger. :)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Russ

I picked mine up at a farm and ranch store for about 15.00 I use it all the time, I grinf up old molds to the consistance of coffe grounds and add them to new molds on a 1/3 to 1/2 the amount sliicon. its quite a workout grinding them up as well.
MVC-192S.JPG

Are there any of the "#" designations on your grinder?

That coffee ground consistency is exactly what I want.

Do you out a buty coat down first and then add the liquid/ground silicone, or do you add it in the full pour?

Thanks.

Russ

I've used the old meat/sausage hand grinders and they work well. However the reason you don't see these available in appliance stores anymore is because they have been replaced by...

16_1_1.jpg

Mini - processors are as cheap as $5. I got a full size new one at a church bazaar for $3.

The brand name is Porkert, there are a couple on ebay right now both under 20.00. I mix everything togther then pour the mold 1 part, 1part, 1part.

Originally posted by Jedirick@Apr 17 2006, 12:33 AM
I've used the old meat/sausage hand grinders and they work well. However the reason you don't see these available in appliance stores anymore is because they have been replaced by...

16_1_1.jpg

Mini - processors  are as cheap as $5. I got a full size new one  at a church bazaar for $3.
[snapback]1227576[/snapback]​

No way. I was just in the market for something like this. My old hand grinder (not that it grinds hands) snap-broke, and I've been looking for an electric one. The only one I've found was about $100.00 at Beds Baths and beyond. If this Mini processor can do the trick, I'm picking one up ASAP.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back