Anyone going to Wondercon?

Jedi Bailinkski

Anyone going to Wondercon? Looks like I am going to get the chance to sneak down to California for a couple days to get some time there.

Anyone been to Wondercon before? Is just like Comic Con, just smaller?

I've been a couple of times, and it's decent. The change of venue to Anaheim is bull****, I mean WondeCon is NorCal, and SoCal has ComicCon. Just too bad they couldn't find an alternate up North.

22 seconds at Wondercon 2011

Forgot to add, had a great time with the R2 Builders!

Last edited:
Thanks for the video, looks like Comic Con without the way too long lines. I may try to dress up this year. I don't have a costume yet, maybe I'll wait for Comic Con.

The change of venue to Anaheim is bull****, I mean WondeCon is NorCal, and SoCal has ComicCon. Just too bad they couldn't find an alternate up North.

Probably it was chosen to be Anaheim because of it being so close to Disney & Knotts Theme Parks - Family friendly vacation spots and plenty of hotels/motels/shuttles/buses for tourists.

I just paid online - I'll pick up my badge Friday.

Spent hours there yesterday, have to say it was very nice. You actually got a chance to talk with the artists without the zillion people of the main Comic Con pushing through. I think I will be returning next year too. I'll be going back today for another run. :)

JB! Glad to hear you had a good time, man! It was a pleasure to run into you, if only briefly! Hopefully we will see more of you in future conventions!

Yesterday was a totally great time for me too, and the small doctor who group we put together got some really great feedback! But, as with most of these things, the real fun comes from catching up with friends, and getting the whole gang together in one place again for some laughs and giggles.

this%20thread%20is%20useless%20without%20pichers.jpg

Yes great meeting you George! BTW, you look like my brother.

I wish we had time to meet up again but I went home at 5:00. After walking around with Matt (who seems to know just about everyone) my back was getting pretty tired.

All in all it was a great con. Some neat costumes.

I still have not made it home myself. I fly space available and there has been little. I spent Saturday night in l
LAX and Sunday in LAS airports (Vegas). I am currently sitting in New York waiting on the last flight home. Looks good finally.

I didn't take a million pics, but I'll post up a few when I get some sleep. Lol

That was a super fun con! Great to meet all the new faces, and always a pleasure hanging out with RPF buds like Matt, Amanda, Brad, and Jose.

Rdmaul, we didn't meet but I saw your Bane costume - looking awesome!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back