Anyone else ever seen six string samurai?

MrGzilla

This movie is one of the greatest spoof movies I've ever seen, I really don't know how it doesn't have a cult following (maybe it does I'm not really sure) but it's just incredible, it's in an alternate universe where Russia nuked and took over the wasteland that is now the us, except Los Vegas, now called lost Vegas, is a gleaming utopia where rock and roll rules, and Elvis is the king. But Elvis dies so their looking for a new king and the main character wants to be that king, but theres someone else who wants to take over with heavy mettal, and his name is just death. Te main character is nameb diddy and he carries a beat up guitar with a sword duct taped to it and is alway carrying a beat to hell umbrella while wearing a beat up suit. The movie is so amazingly bad its perfect, it was filmed in english but they went over and dubbed the voices just to give it that campiness to go along with the rest of the film. If you've never seen it I highly recomend it, and it's good to watch with kids of any age. It's just an all around fun movie and the music is awesome.
Here's the trailer if anyone wants to check it out! YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

If you like that movie check out "Bleak Future". SSS came out a year after BF yet BF took nearly a year or more to complete. There has long been some animosity that SSS stole from BF but I only have one side of the story since BF is a friends film.

I remember that flick!
Haven't seen it in over a decade and don't remember too much except it was a lot fun.
The main guy's name was Buddy.

And looked like Buddy Holly.

Man I saw a guy dressed like "Buddy" at D-Con back in 2004! :eek

attachment.php

I'll have to checkout the youtube link as I never did watch this film. :thumbsup

Kevin

If you like that movie check out "Bleak Future". SSS came out a year after BF yet BF took nearly a year or more to complete. There has long been some animosity that SSS stole from BF but I only have one side of the story since BF is a friends film.

ill have to look that up! thanks!

saw 6-s s years back on laserdisc, got it on dvd last year.
just seen teh trailer for BF on youtube, looks absolutely dire.

just seen teh trailer for BF on youtube, looks absolutely dire.

hahaha yeah, sss definitley looks better to me... bf just came off as bad in a way where they were trying to make it look bad, but ended up actualy being bad... maybe its just a bad trailer though, who knows.. ill watch it when i get the chance too though.

I love Six String Samurai so much. The soundtrack is in my car deck right now; the Red Elvises rule.

I probably say "The one with four eyes will be hard to defeat" and "I do not like rock and roll music; it is too loud" probably once a week.

I love Six String Samurai so much. The soundtrack is in my car deck right now; the Red Elvises rule.

I probably say "The one with four eyes will be hard to defeat" and "I do not like rock and roll music; it is too loud" probably once a week.

i love all the music in it too! but i dont have the soundtrack :/

Oh hell yeah, I love 6SS. I did an awful Buddy costume years ago and no one knew who I was and I did not care one bit, because I had a gig in Vegas.
"Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"

I haven't seen it since it came out.
The guy that played Buddy came into our store some years ago and his friend mentioned that they hoping to get him in the new Star Wars (A New Hope).

Wolf

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back