Anyone Bought From CosplayFun? (Captain America Age of Ultron)

SpoonySpoon

Hey folks, long time stalker, first time poster etc. Shopping around for an Age of Ultron cosplay, no thanks to watching the new trailer half a dozen times, and I come across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-Ag...916?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e40b0c0c

I'm always weary of buying from China ever since I got sold a knockoff Mjolnir, but this suit looks brilliant from the pics. Has anyone here bought from CosplayFun, not necessarily this suit, just any experience from them would be very much appreciated. If it's a reputable company I'm very tempted.

Never bought from these folks. I have picked up other items from other Asian knockoff sites, and as long as you expect to modify what you get, then it's not too bad. Looking at this, you would do good to remake the leather work and the helmet, at least. In my opinion, the fabric looks a tad cheap, especially for the price. If you are going to spend the money, you might want to go custom. Possibly not what you want to hear, but them's my two cents.

Ciao mr.
In my opinion that's just a 80€ carneval dress sold at 430$ because they wrote "cosplay" instead of "carnival". So, even if i actually never bought nothing from that seller, i bought a lot of stuff from china and i fell to advice against that item: it does not look to worth the money.
Sincerely,
Francesco

Last edited:
I agree with ElFazio. That suit looks more like a cheap Rubie's suit than something worth that kind of money. That suit looks like it's going to be disappointing when it arrives. Just my $0.02.

I'd avoid at that price, it's over 2x what it should be selling for. It's not a horrible looking costume, but nothing great either. Personally I'm waiting for Cosplaysky's version of the AoU Cap costume, their TWS stealth costume turned out the best among the Chinese sites and I expect their AoU will be just as good, and should be priced in the mid $200s, still would need to replace the leather parts with better quality pieces though.

I'd avoid at that price, it's over 2x what it should be selling for. It's not a horrible looking costume, but nothing great either. Personally I'm waiting for Cosplaysky's version of the AoU Cap costume, their TWS stealth costume turned out the best among the Chinese sites and I expect their AoU will be just as good, and should be priced in the mid $200s, still would need to replace the leather parts with better quality pieces though.
Talked to them and they are currently working on it! But they won't be done until after the movie.

Thanks for the replies guys. Honestly, I looked into customs, but each builder I spoke to wanted around $800 per suit, and as much as I understand that's all the hours of their time and trade, it's not the kind of money I can pony up. eBay doesn't seem to have many Cap AOU suits, and by that I mean it's between this one and a leather one that looks like it'd kill me in con-heat. If it's expensive, where would be a better place to get something like that? At the moment that suit is what $425 will get me, but THIS is what $250 buts, and it looks terrible. If there are any custom makers who want to do it for sub $400 I'm listening, but I honestly haven't found one yet.

I'm gonna wait for Cosplaysky's version, that would be my advice to you. If you need a costume for the movie release, you're SOL. Like you said, the suits you mentioned are the only off the shelf options out there, the leather and $250 suits look awful, so the overpriced eBay suit is really your only option. A quality custom job will need more than the 2 months until the movie is out.

This thread has some good info on Cosplaysky's TWS suit: http://www.therpf.com/f78/captain-america-ebay-stealth-suit-209233/ A few members have bought it and sizing has been the only complaint, but a good tailor can help you out with that. Their fabric also has a bit of a shine to it but can be removed with careful use of acetone. Pic of their suit below.

captain-america-2-the-winter-soldier-steve-rogers-uniform-outfit-cosplay-costume-3_1.jpg

Whats up Everyone,

First time poster here. Was actually looking around for a great cosplay costume for AoU and came across this thread. I can definitely back that cosplaysky is awesome and that the above suit rocks. They have amazing customer service and I found the suit to be just fine for my needs. If I knew someone to redo the straps I would have had them redone (if anyone could drop me a line to that end, I'd love to hear from you). Good to hear that someone has already inquired about the AoU suit, as I'd love to purchase one myself. Here's a pictures of me at Comic Con 2015 with the above suit (just for reference). Sizing wasn't really an issue for me. I'm going to wait. I really liked that the star on the front was a piece of metal.
20140724_082037 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 20140724_082037 (1).jpg
    20140724_082037 (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
I appreciate your response. However, I have had a Cosplaysky Avengers Cap suit, and I was not impressed by it. Not only were the colours way off, the mobility was terrible: I was unable to bend my knees or move my arms higher than chest level. I understand it's hard to give a full range of motion in a suit that's not made 'on' me, but for the money paid I expected to be able to crouch down at least. Therefore I'm mostly ruling out Cosplaysky.

I had great experience with the cosplaysky suit. I replaced the straps with the ones from Galaxyfabric, Thew were not perfect but were a good start. I am happy with what I got but there is still some modification required to get it to look right. I only got mine this past week though, and mobility and fit were not really a issue. From what I understand their tailoring has changed somewhat from when it was first released. In my opinion the cost for this is way high, However I would love to see the close up photos of the suit taken by a actual end user. The Chinese sellers often seem to show the same images and it gets hard to know what you are buying. Good luck!

Whats up Everyone,

First time poster here. Was actually looking around for a great cosplay costume for AoU and came across this thread. I can definitely back that cosplaysky is awesome and that the above suit rocks. They have amazing customer service and I found the suit to be just fine for my needs. If I knew someone to redo the straps I would have had them redone (if anyone could drop me a line to that end, I'd love to hear from you). Good to hear that someone has already inquired about the AoU suit, as I'd love to purchase one myself. Here's a pictures of me at Comic Con 2015 with the above suit (just for reference). Sizing wasn't really an issue for me. I'm going to wait. I really liked that the star on the front was a piece of metal.
View attachment 449330

What size did you get and how tall are you/how much do you weigh? Thanks!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back