Anybody have any outstanding orders w/ Matsuo?

soltic

I've dealt w/ propmakers in the past & know that delivery times, well, can be something measured in months & sometimes years, but I'm anxious by nature......

This is by no means a bad reflection on Matsuo or his cred, just wondering if anybody else is experiencing delays & or has had current updates / contact in regards to any orders with him......

Thanks much.

-Rod

edit: sp

UPDATE 8/8/06

Well, I've had the unfortunate experiences of dealing w/ some half-a$$ed prop makers before. I figure, like most people, when things look a little bleak (& especially when $'s involved), most will consider the sky to be falling.

I learned a long time ago that @ work I'm not comfortable w/ discussing my personal problems or even indicating I have any, even if it affects my work. & especially would never to a stranger.

So I was pretty taken aback when I I read some of the responses below to Matt's situation @ the time that I originally made this post. I then decided to "sit down & shut up" & trust the fact that NOT 1 member here had a negative thing to say or even caution about Matsuo. I origanlly got the impression that he was a stand-up wear-ur-heart-on-ur-sleeve kind of guy. I hoped things would turn around for both of us, but of course mostly for Matt's situation.

I really don't want to continue into the @#$%.e Matt has apparently gone thru 'cause I'm here to kiss some ass :lol :

The pr was rec'd.

Perfect piece. Awesome workamanship. My best replicas yet (the shoulder lamp too).

But it's not the piece I'm here to post pics of or rant further about, it's Matt's service.

By the looks of it quite a few RPF'ers already know what I'm getting at.

Awesome, friendly experience w/ support up the wazzoo (o.k., ouch, bad term - u know what I mean - :lol ).

Even though I wasn't aware of some really bad luck Matt was having when I first posted, I hang my head low in shame that I just didn't stick it out & kept my mouth shut.

So here's to Matsucorp. (just wish I could toast w a beer right now - oh & that he lived close by.... :D )

-Rod

The wait will definately be worth it. :thumbsup I've got a few of his other pieces, and love them.

I've known Matt for a few years, and will say he is one of the most stand-up folks in the hobby. He is a perfectionist, and generally not let anything leave his shop until HE is totally satisfied with what he's created. This is where we, the customers, benefit. We are getting the best of the best.

Me? I'm waiting with the exitement of a child at Christmas time..... :D

Johnny

<div class='quotetop'>(kdawg1 @ May 29 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1252732[/snapback]</div>
Hang in there he's a good guy and the wait is worth it. You'll nothing but quality with guy.
[/b]

Matt = High quality, and reliability - nothing more to say. :)

I have purchased at least 4 kits from him...they are all excellent.

-Raj

Rod, was that PM I answered this morning not sufficient for you? Or the fact that I told you part of it is going out tomorrow morning was not to your liking?

If you want to hash this out on the public forum I suppose we can do that. It seems PM's would be a better place for that, but honestly I have nothing to hide. I'd be happy to share exactly what's going on in my life that has caused me to fall behind, but frankly that kind of self serving pity party crap belongs on myspace.

So yes I am going to put some grease on the squeaky wheel and hopefully you will be happy.
If not just say the word and I'll refund your money.

I owe a lot of things to a lot of patient people, who have accepted my apologies gracefully and for that I am grateful.
And if there are some among you who have also been waiting a long time and feel the need to chime in I accept that as my due.

Thanks fellas for chiming in and sticking up for me, though recently it's been more like you're putting up with me. It's appreciated. ;)

Matt

Putting up with? Oh, Hell no. You do what you need to do to make the pieces perfect, and that's fine with me.

Johnny

You will not find a better person that Matt. Don't worry about it...your moeny is being taken care of. You will not be let down or be disspointed. Trust me. I know Matt as a very satisifeid customer and have met him in person. Stand up guy all around. ANd not to mention one of the most sincere and honest people around.

Don't worry. I mean if Matt was ignoring you that's one thing. But he is not.

Steve

Alright... let's not inflate his head too much. As you can see by his avatar he's not got much hair to cover his melon as it is. :angel

:lol

Rod, Matt did a pistol for that someone else casted that was a crappy job and kept weeping. He worked on it for days until if finally stopped and even then he offered a refund after sending the finished pistol to me. I wished that I could get service like that from everyone.

<div class='quotetop'>(Matsuo @ May 29 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1252737[/snapback]</div>
Rod, was that PM I answered this morning not sufficient for you? Or the fact that I told you part of it is going out tomorrow morning was not to your liking?

If you want to hash this out on the public forum I suppose we can do that. It seems PM's would be a better place for that, but honestly I have nothing to hide. I'd be happy to share exactly what's going on in my life that has caused me to fall behind, but frankly that kind of self serving pity party crap belongs on myspace.

[/b]

You know Matt I'm sorry if I offended you, & as the first post stated I was inquiring if any others were waiting, more or less if this is normal.

I didn't want to hash this out in public - personal issues well, are personal. I'm pretty down to earth so if u tell me another 3 weeks, o.k. at least I have a timeframe. If u say that part of the order went out yesterday & that the rest'll be ready this week, cool, better yet - awesome.

-Rod

I was going to say something, but... I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said about Matt.

Can't rush art/perfection.

Told ya so, told ya so...

Just kidding :)

Matt is a great guy and Im glad to hear all ended well. Congratulations on the PR. I am quite envious.

Glad to hear things all worked out. Matt really is one of the best prop replica businessmen out there.
And don't beat your head against the wall over what was said, we've all been there, live and learn. :)

Hanover Fiste: Matt? He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm. Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him. He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive.

Ohh wait. I'm thinking of Captain Stern.
I love my matsuo stuff.

Thanks Soltic, although I feel undeserving I humbly accept your apology all the same.
And for everyone elses satisfaction there are no hard feelings between He and I at all. We are both designers and craftsmen with a lot in common and have found a middle ground by which we can easily come together on.

To my friends thank you for your kind words.

Now allow me to use this platform for my own ramble...

You know the old saying about the cobblers children going without shoes...In that he is so busy making shoes for everyone else he forgets, or has no time to see to his children's needs.

Well I feel his pain, After taking stock of my own collection I am surprised at how little I have to show for my own efforts through the years. Some of my more prized possessions/props are gifts from others, some humble some not so humble but one is no less cherished than the other.

In taking stock of what I do have, I am touched by the generosity and good will of my friends in the trade and am reminded of such each time I do pass by my modest collection.

In these days of increasing strife and malaise within the community I am still heartened by the fact that along the sludge laden road that leads us to our goals as collectors there is plenty of good yet to be found. Talented artisans and personable collectors still exist despite the burdens placed on us by the misdeeds of the rotten few.

As an artisan I am touched by the patience and care of those for whom I create. I am not without my own dark cloud and to be honest it shows no sign of abating, but the well wishes and easy going attitude of my constituency gives me hope that once I do make my final hurdle the finish line, it will not be a finish at all but a new beginning.

I have struggled as recently as the past few days with the idea that this whole dream of mine is just not going to work out. Innumerable events of a discouraging nature have befallen me and have been building to an overwhelming crescendo.
I have actually penned apology letters and tearful goodbyes to whomever it may concern, explaining why I can't go on and how and why I have failed. But those sad pages were never posted and emails never sent. None of this is easy and logistically speaking (as I look at my shop and all that it entails) "quitting" would be just as hard as carrying on.

I was at a crossroads yesterday and chose to carry on, so here I am.

So that being said...Remembering the frazzled Cobbler...yes it may take a while for me to get everyone taken care of, but I need to make myself some shoes as well.

Be well and know that I am still here for you.

M

Well I hope you take a breather and continue on Matt.

I have never dealt with you but I am in constant awe of your work.

Some of the Pieces I have seen you do make my Jaw drop.

When you catch your breath I will see if you can fill an order for me as I would like to have one of your works of art. :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back