Anybody else collect Star Wars The Vintage Collection figures?

vader45

Sr Member
I'm not into toys and memorabilia at all. I just focus on props and costumes. But I do collect The Vintage collection. Out of the 100s of figure lines I feel this one stands out as unique and creative. It's the combo of contemporary figures with the Kenner card backs and they have the widest collection of characters as well that makes me buy them. It's much better then the vintage reissue with the tacky weathered card backs. But I only collect the OT characters from this line. There are so many different of just OT I can't keep up.

I started collecting during the original 2010 run then tried selling a few. It was to much of a headache to sell so I kept the rest. I wish I kept them. I found a few OT ones from the 2018 revived run that sparked my interest to collect again. I think they are fun!

I just can't find clam shells that would fit them perfectly like the OTC figures had. I find the star cases but are 3/4" too deep making them bulky but that's all I can find. I pulled out the collection the other day to find someone cards with curves and were dusty hence now the need for clam shells. They are not cheap!

Who else collects them?

Recently got into collecting Black Series figures myself. Mostly OT characters. The new face printing technology they're using hooked me. The likenesses are fantastic and the articulation of the 6" scale is great! They're killing me with the store exclusives though, can never find them in my area.

I was collectong them a bit but sold most of them. I have a few remaining whose cards aren’t in great shape, as well as a few rare ones still in their shipping containers. I also have a few each of:

The Saga Collection
The OTC Collection
Star Wars Legends
The Black Series 3.75”
The Black Series 6”
The Clone Wars Collection

I have a few vehicles as well from different collections, still sealed.

I was mostly referrin to "The Vintage Collection" line. Thats all I collect. Ot figures from that line which isn't part of the black series although a few are repackaged from the black series.

It's the combo of modern detailed figures with Kenner card back that drew me in. I'm not a fan of the black and red black series boxes.

I like the 6” Black Series, but TVC is definitely my facorite too, but I think I am finally out of the figure biz...
I still have two Dr. Aphra combo packs still sealed in the shipper from Hasbro!

I collect the line as well,some of the figures looks have improved with the new tech.I got Jabbas sail barge and they did a good job with box art imo.

I only collect real Vintage Star Wars, Indiana Jones, TRON and Battlestar Gallactica. Never got into the new toys other than the George Lucas Stormtrooper and new TRON Walgreen exclusive figs.

I do not collect the Vintage Collection, but I do pick up some of the Black Series 6" and have recreated OT scenes "some idealized" on display in my glass cabinets, along with certain props. I started buying these when the 40'th anniversary came out. Those kind of hooked me with the larger original style packaging.

I collect the vintage collection as well as other modern lines, just got these two in, love the face printing tech on them
JDjvDDQl.jpg

lgnddDll.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back