Any updates on the Cyclops visor from Master Replicas?

I could logically see someone driving down the road or in their car with it on and cause an accident because of the limited visibility and then sue MR because they could not see through the "glasses"

I just spoke to a rep a few days ago and they said that it is still in the works and that there should be an update soon. It will be a wearable piece although the woman said, it will come with the usual warnings, do not operate a vehicle while wearing and all that jazz.

I have a feeling that with this coming out so late and with what happened to Cyclops in the movie, just a flash in the pan sort of thing, that this product is probably not going to sell as well as hoped. Kind of what like what happened with Unobtanium with their products, Great MiB cricket replica and Pumpkin Bomb, but so late after the movie came out the excitement for the product had died by then.
It will be interesting t see if the fan base to Marvel will be strong enough to carry this one through or if timing and the character write off with the movie will have damaged the ability of this one to sell on the market.

<div class='quotetop'>(tripoli @ Jun 7 2006, 07:29 AM) [snapback]1257678[/snapback]</div>
I have a feeling that with this coming out so late and with what happened to Cyclops in the movie, just a flash in the pan sort of thing, that this product is probably not going to sell as well as hoped. Kind of what like what happened with Unobtanium with their products, Great MiB cricket replica and Pumpkin Bomb, but so late after the movie came out the excitement for the product had died by then.
It will be interesting t see if the fan base to Marvel will be strong enough to carry this one through or if timing and the character write off with the movie will have damaged the ability of this one to sell on the market.
[/b]

Thats what I can't understand.... Why can't these companies ever make the products to be released before or right when the movie is released??? Don't they know they would make such a huge profit while the hype is around???

I can understand deadlines, QC issues etc etc, But is it that hard to plan ahead??

Sorry, with the quotes afterwards editing won't help much. I tried to keep it vague enough too much could not be read into it as far as spoiling it goes.

Just found a picture of the visor online....I AM NOW VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS......
Don't look below if you don't want a spoiler...........

xmengoggles.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>(tripoli @ Jun 7 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]1257887[/snapback]</div>
Sorry, with the quotes afterwards editing won't help much. I tried to keep it vague enough too much could not be read into it as far as spoiling it goes.
[/b]

NP bro. I completely understand. Guilty myself sometimes :)

<div class='quotetop'>(allosaur176 @ Jun 7 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]1257740[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(tripoli @ Jun 7 2006, 07:29 AM) [snapback]1257678[/snapback]
[/b]

Thats what I can't understand.... Why can't these companies ever make the products to be released before or right when the movie is released??? Don't they know they would make such a huge profit while the hype is around???

I can understand deadlines, QC issues etc etc, But is it that hard to plan ahead??
[/b][/quote]

I agree. You got to get it out there while it's hot. I'll buy one regardless though.

-Jason M

I'm hopefull over MR, but I hope the same thing that happened to the X1 visor doesn't happen to this upcoming visor. People prebought it, and it never saw the light of day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GuntahKela @ Jun 8 2006, 12:11 AM) [snapback]1258096[/snapback]</div>
I'm hopefull over MR, but I hope the same thing that happened to the X1 visor doesn't happen to this upcoming visor. People prebought it, and it never saw the light of day.
[/b]

Sigh.

Looks like it's dead at this point.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back