Any knife guys recognize this one? - Supernatural

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In season 6, we see that Crowley has managed to get the Alphas of a few monsters, and proceeded to torture them. With the shapeshifter alpha, he mentions making a knife out of iridium. I believe the exact quote was "It would have been cheaper to drop a castle on you!"

I don't think the prop knife was pure iridium :), but it does look like a mass produced dagger of some kind.

Any ideas on what it is or what brand? Didn't see any real markings on it to show what it might be, so I have no idea what brands to look at.

Here's some screencaps of it.
PHeQb.png

hvLfV.png

Any helps appreciated on this :)
Chris

It kinda looks similar to a Robert Shiflett throwing knife so id start with a search with those keywords... I'm almost 100% positive it's a throwing knife of some fashion though. I hope that i have pointed you in the right direction. Cheers!

beat me to it..was gonna say they tend to use the same knife brands

Dean and Sam both uses Kershaw folders

have used cold steel blades

and SEVERAL knives including the bases of the Ruby knife have been Muela...Dean's bowie, the big spear shpaed blade used by Dean to kill the vampire and the same one used by Demon posessed Sam that time he kidnapped Jo

Good find though! :thumbsup BTW..look at the location of the company tha carries them....BC..same as where Supernatural is shot..interesting.

Last edited:
Looks like the model I am after is the silver colored Hornet.

Bad news is, it costs more than my ruby knife :lol

Might have to find a "close nuff" flea market one.

Appreciate the help on this one :)
Chris

Chris, went back and watched that episode...thinking it might be the black blade version...there just instn that much silver sheen to it...there's a Hibben silver blade throwing knife and it has a totally different hue...so really not sure...besides the black blade has more of a exoctic look...if they had of used damascus it would have really been sweet...:love

Nice blade .

I loved the one they used in The Crow the first film.

Any Idea what blade that was ? Always thought it was custom job.

Sorry i did not mean to hijack your post just couldn't help it, You guys know your steel.

Nice blade .

I loved the one they used in The Crow the first film.

Any Idea what blade that was ? Always thought it was custom job.

Sorry i did not mean to hijack your post just couldn't help it, You guys know your steel.

can you post a pic..there were several used in that movie..need a decent picture to refernce the one you want. Betting someone on here will know. :love

I was a big fan of the film and his work up until that point :cry

So I remember reading some where that Brandon actually took interest in the knife and wanted it after the film wrapped . Guess the prop guy who made it wouldn't give it up even after Brandon offered him a large amount of money .

I forget the sum but it surprised me that the guy didn't take it. (Think it was 10k)

Any how read later on some women got it in an auction after the film
wrapped. after that who knows not sure but think she resold it .

Sorry to make this short story long lol
Here is the link the final fight on the roof you can see the guy holding it for a few seconds before Brandon clamps down on his face with the pain .

The Crow - Eric VS Top Dollar Final Fight - YouTube

Last edited:
Looks like a Gil Hibbon style... damned if I can place it though.

Does really look like something that's been mass produced though. I will dig around a bit and see what I can find.

Chris

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back