Any good guides on using motors, servos, etc?

DR4296

Greetings All !

Say, for the past couple of years now, when working on my extravagant Halloween Costume project-of-the-year, I have dreams of incorporating servos or motors and batteries, remotes for them, etc.

But I usually find myself INTIMIDATED by this stuff, when it comes time to actually work with it. I only know a little basic electronics and certainly nothing about motors. I don't know what to choose, where to find stuff, how to deal with voltage, choosing batteries, etc. Usually, I have a ton of other issues making the costume itself anyways, so that stuff tends to soak up my time and attention.

But this year, I thought I'd start early. I'm thinking of doing some kind of robot.

With that in mind, does anybody know of any good easy-to-understand guides for working with small motors and servos (and of course, special emphasis on incorporating them into costumes)? I say "small motors", but now that I think about it, I may the robot to move on wheels on its own, so... I guess I need to learn about the larger scale stuff too.

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back