ant man movie ''YELLOWJACKET'' costume

ch4dg

hey everybody,
originally i was gonna do a ronan from gotg as my 2nd costume. but i just watched 'Antman' and was extremely surprised how good it was... tbh i know of the character but ive never read a comic and dont really know his background etc but when i saw yellowjacket i knew instantly that i want to do that next and hopefully intime for winter london comic con.

but i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas how to go about this kinda simply enough for a newbie.

kkk.jpg
my idea was to get a yellow morph suit or some yellow cycling clothing and get some chicken wire mesh lay it over the suit and spray paint(fabric spray paint obviously) over it then remove the wire and then hopefully have the pattern, would this work?
another idea was just puff paint the hex shapes on or would it be easy to create a suit template like the one below including the sewing or are they really difficult to sew i have next to no sewing experience
8JqiGuS.jpg

then i was gonna use a combo of foam and cardboard to make the armor bits
i still unsure the best way to go about the extra arms/gun things due to weight and making them sturdy enough

anyways thanks in advance for any advice
dean

Last edited:
Personally I think a Foam build would make it easier. Ive never built anything in foam but I know you can get some pretty good detail into it. As for the hexagons If you did go the cloth way I would get the fabric itself looking pretty with the hexagons and then cover a foam plate with it and then glue the part into the suit. The yellow parts dont look like an "undersuit" part and look like an armor layer part to me.

Personally I think a Foam build would make it easier. Ive never built anything in foam but I know you can get some pretty good detail into it. As for the hexagons If you did go the cloth way I would get the fabric itself looking pretty with the hexagons and then cover a foam plate with it and then glue the part into the suit. The yellow parts dont look like an "undersuit" part and look like an armor layer part to me.

yeah i see what you mean by saying its more of the armor, that sound like a good idea doing the material glued to the foam or i might even cut out loads of hex's and glue them on, i'm going shopping for some peieces for just some test to see what works so hopefully i'll have some result soon

there are also alot of rubber mats that uses the same pattern as in the pictures like yoga mats and so on

- - - Updated - - -

there are also alot of rubber mats that uses the same pattern as in the pictures like yoga mats and so on

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back