Anovos Star Trek: TNG Command Uniforms

Found this one from a Facebook tag:
2013-02-21074440_zps3fa4ac2b.jpg

I just checked my account and there is a tracking number! UPS says it'll be here by Tuesday! :D

Sean

Last edited:
Got my uniform today! The thing is beautiful! Very well made and looks great! I'll try to get some pics up soon.

The only problem is the pants are way too tight in the hip area. Waist and length seem good, but I can't zip the damn things up! I've contacted Anovos to request an exchange.

Sean

Argh I'm still waiting for them to even reply to my email about paying off my balance. Apparently my account doesn't show my order or my deposit ughhhhh

Would you say these run small in the pant size?
I have a size small tunic, but put a deposit on the medium pant based on my waist size, however, because of how tight the waistline is on the tunic, I'm worried the pant may make it even more difficult to zip it shut.

Would you say these run small in the pant size?
I have a size small tunic, but put a deposit on the medium pant based on my waist size, however, because of how tight the waistline is on the tunic, I'm worried the pant may make it even more difficult to zip it shut.

I would say yes. I wear between a 32 and a 34 pant. I even confirmed my waist measurement before I ordered. The waist actually fits fine, but I found the pants extremely tight in the hip area.

Anovos has been great so far. They promptly replied to my inquiry and sent me a return label. The pants are going back tomorrow in exchange for the next size up.

Sean

Greetings! I too require some temporary trousers for my costume. Can you give me a bit more info on which dickies work pants you bought? Is it the dickies 874 pants?
Thanks for your help :)

I think so. Got em at Walmart.
I had the hem altered to have the triangular opening and removed the Dickies patch. They look good and no one questioned them.

I'm so glad masterjedi322. I was so excited to open my TNG Picard package tonight. I had the exact same issue. I'm a 38" chest which means I'm a M. I also wear 34" pants... but the seat of these pants is so tight. I can close the clip snugly but no hope of getting that zipper up. I tried putting on my back-brace as a corset no dice. I have a feeling the seat might rip after a few seatings (it wasn't vise tight, though). I think I should get the L pants. Anyone have any suggestions for how to put the top on by yourself? I can't raise or move my arms too far and it's a major pain.

I have not figured out a way to put the tunic on by myself. I think the tunics are supposed to be fitted so it's not surprising your movement is limited.

On a side note, I just received word that my replacement pants will be going out shortly, so I'm hoping to have some pics up next weekend! :D

Sean

I have not figured out a way to put the tunic on by myself. I think the tunics are supposed to be fitted so it's not surprising your movement is limited.

On a side note, I just received word that my replacement pants will be going out shortly, so I'm hoping to have some pics up next weekend! :D

Sean

I've just boxed mine up and gotten an e-mail from ANOVOS for the same thing. Waiting for further instructions. It's very funny that I can easily don my custom TWOK by myself but the tunic is a right bstid. It's not the zipper either (a buddy of mine apparently made a funny coat hanger to get his closed). It's these clips at the neck and the waist. The waist isn't too tough but the collar is where it tugs when I try to raise my arms just to get at them.

Oh and MJ... I moved out to Australia myself two years ago from New Jersey... I was in Parsippany.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Just send us an email at email@anovos.com if the pants and sorts is not fitting right.

Being the first of a series sometimes has its minor issues such as getting sizing perfect, so we apologize about the delay in getting you to look your best :)

I got my tunic, very excited, it's spot on and so well made. Unfortunately these babies run way too small or tight. Im usually a Large so I ordered an XL and it won't close. Other than that its so well done and the badge as well!

I agree, the tunics are very nice, but too tight in the waist.
My button snaps are pulling and the zipper has a hard time getting all the way down.

The thing is, the chest and shoulders have a tailored fit and looks and feels perfect.
I got a size small (my brother's is also a small) had we gotten a medium, the waist may be bigger, but so would everything else, and you lose the tailored fit.

My thought, just by looking at the tunic not worn, is that the waist looks unproportional to the shoulders, meaning the shoulders look too wide to be paired with that waist size.

If this ends up being a design issue that needs changed up for the next wave, I hope I would have the option to exchange.
Right now, I'm afraid of the stretch fabric getting damaged or the snap buttons pulling off, but aside from those issues, these tunics are fantastic.

I'm afraid I must agree. I received my replacement pants today - a size large. I was able to squeeze into them, but just barely. I still feel they are too tight and have requested an exchange for an extra large.

I was also able to test fit the tunic with the pants, and I also find the shoulders very broad and the waist extremely tight. I was going to see if my local tailor can bring in the shoulders, but I'm not sure how much can be done with the waist given the elastic band. Perhaps someone from Anovos (Jose?) might be able to recommend how best to deal with this? Can the waists be let out? Or is it best to exchange for a larger tunic and have the rest of it brought in?

On a related note I would like to commend Anovos on their excellent customer service thus far. They have been prompt at replying to my emails, quickly shipped out the replacement pants, and have been nothing but courteous and professional. So a big thank you to Anovos for that!

Sean

My pants arrived today!

I am glad I ordered the medium (which I was worried would be too bulky for the tunic) but it fits perfect around my waist and hips, zips up nicely and are comfortable.

The harness straps need to have more button holes put in as they are hanging loose and of course, the length needs tailored to my size.

The Chinese lady that does my dry cleaning and altering should be able to do a great job but I'm still nervous about her cutting into these ultra-expensive pants and making sure the altered look remains accurate.

Once all the changes are made, I will post photos.
I had gotten so used to wearing the tunic with the Dickies work pants, I was relieved with how well the high-set waistline and bib help keep the tunic from pulling up over your waistline and showing an unsightly undershirt.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back