Anovos Star Trek: TNG Command Uniforms

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by masterjedi322, Apr 8, 2012.

1. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

I didn't see a thread on this, apologies if I missed it, but...

Anovos has just announced their premier line of Star Trek: TNG uniforms!

As a diehard TNG fan, I'm very excited about this. They're on the pricier side, but given all the research and work that goes into one of these, I think the end price is quite reasonable.

Here's the link - ANOVOS Productions LLC | Star Trek™: The Next Generation | High-End Replica Costume Uniforms for Men and Women

I did have a few questions that I was hoping some of our resident Anovos members could answer:

• Will there be premier versions of the other colors (e.g. gold and blue) available? If so, is there an estimated release date for those?
    • Since I see no mention of this in the item description, I assume the uniform does not include boots? Is there a plan to make replica boots? Or are we on our own with that?
    • Do the pants support phaser and tricorder holsters?
    Sean

2. Got Maul

Got Maul Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

LOL- I was just about to post this. Better from you, though!

Thank you.

3. Got Maul

I did have a few questions that I was hoping some of our resident Anovos members could answer:

1. Will there be premier versions of the other colors (e.g. gold and blue) available? If so, is there an estimated release date for those?
    2. Since I see no mention of this in the item description, I assume the uniform does not include boots? Is there a plan to make replica boots? Or are we on our own with that?
    3. Do the pants support phaser and tricorder holsters?

Sean

To answer your questions :

1. Yes, we will be doing Gold and the Teal - in so far the demand keeps up.
    2. Do not include boots, currently, and am working on an outside deal with a "historic" boot maker.
    3. Oddly, my hero pants I was given as reference did not have these. I am asking my friends who own screen used outfits if they have them on their hero "bibs" - if they do, its an easy addition, but I need to be absolutely sure and also of its dimensions and placements.

I will also be posting some blurbs about the creation of these icons. It was a labor of love, but is by far MY favorite era of Star Trek.

That's right, I said it.

4. jedimarkj

jedimarkj Well-Known Member

Very very cool and exciting!!

I hope you guys do Cpt. Picard's suede jacket and grey tunic one of these days!

5. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very high prices on those but I'm sure they will be the final word on TNG Uniform replicas. It's been a long time coming.

6. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

TNG fans rejoice!

7. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Love the tng stuff, but what about tos pants.

Sebastian

8. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

Thanks for all the great info, Jose! Now the great debate - which color do I get...

Sean

9. John Cooley

John Cooley Well-Known Member

*. I'm slipping.

10. Got Maul

I vote red and gold.But that's just me :)

11. John Cooley

John Cooley Well-Known Member

From ANOVOS' "Original Universe" Star Trek Facebook Page. Pre-orders for the Star Trek: The Next Generation Premier Line tunics will be launching tomorrow, January 10!

[​IMG]

AWESOME!!! :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  12. GeneralFROSTY

Really tempted to get one if these. I'm happy Anovos has arranged a layaway plan.

13. GeneralFROSTY

Order placed for the Command tunic and rank pips.
    Only wish I had a bigger budget so I could have gotten the Gold tunic - but that can wait for the next production run.

14. STpropguy76

STpropguy76 Active Member

I would love one of each color, Hope I qualify for the Bank Loan needed :) ..........

15. GeneralFROSTY

You joke, but there's been more than one occasion I've been tempted to borrow money to buy things like this.
    I've learned the hard way that doing so means you can't afford to have it.

16. IndyFanChuck

IndyFanChuck Sr Member

Over 1,000$ dollars? Wow. Um....... maybe I'll keep the one I made for less than 100$. Thanks though.

Good Luck to those of you that have the money though! :sick

17. STpropguy76

STpropguy76 Active Member

Your lucky if it is just a $1,000. :)

Remember after you buy it from Anovos then you'll have to have it Tailored to fit you perfectly by paying someone else to do that.

Then there's the Boots, :eek
    Also If they intend to add Phaser & Tricorder Holster spots then there will be the added cost of buying the holsters.:facepalm

After it is all said and done, you've spent so much $$$ that you will end up sealing it under glass for safe keeping.

Funny, A good used car & these costumes cost the same.............:lol

But, Hope those of you that can afford them have a lot fun with them. ;)....

18. GeneralFROSTY

Today I received my ANOVOS TNG Command tunic and pips.
    Without going into a discussion of the high price tag, I am happy to report the qualit and fit is gorgeous.
    The "Picard pull-down" is a necessity with this as it rides up easily when you put your arms up or sit down.
    I enjoy the almost tailored, form-fit but was at first taken back by the actual color of the fabric.
    It looks a very deep wine color, but will appear more "red" in brighter lighting.
    While the tunic has some unique design featured, notably the zipper and hook-closure system, the fabric is a simple light cotton twill and some padding in the shoulders.
    I will have to wait to get better photos taken:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pip set (again, without discussion of price) are simply brilliant!
    They hold very well and the subtle color weathering looks fantastic.
    However, the gold backing of the magnet plate can be seen shining behind the collar when worn - I plan on painting the backside black to help hide this.
    [​IMG]

19. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

Excellent! The tunic looks great on you!

I also received my pips today, but am still waiting on my uniform. Hopefully, it shows up soon...

20. GeneralFROSTY

Thanks for the compliment!
    I can see the need for the accurate pants due to where the waist falls on the tunic.
    Looking forward to breaking this out at the next con.

21. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nah, I used to wear my Screen-Used ones at cons!

Looking good Frosty!!

22. YenChih Lin

YenChih Lin Sr Member

what does Ted say about it? :D

23. nick daring

nick daring Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Those sideburns are not up to regulation standards! You are a disgrace to your uniform!

24. Rikarus

Rikarus Well-Known Member

Soo purty, seriously leaning towards pulling the trigger on the layaway plan!

If I have a child can I just sign that over?

25. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

That looks great! I'm still holding out for TWOK uniforms:thumbsup

26. Felgacarb

Felgacarb Well-Known Member

That does look darn good. Looking forward to the 'better' photos to come!

27. GeneralFROSTY

I have the pants on layaway, but needed something in time for a con coming up soon.
    Enter Walmart (shudders)
    I was happy to find, for only $20, a pair of Dickies work pants that are absolutely perfect close-enough placeholders.
    I will of course have my local tailor put the triangular opening at the hem and remove the Dickies logo tag. The color and even the weave is a match to the tunic, no pleats or pant cuffs and the waist closure is nice and simple to easily blend with the tunic.
    Once I have them altered, I will post some new pics.

28. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

Good deal! :thumbsup

On a side note - did you receive a shipping notification for your tunic? I'm waiting on my uniform to arrive, but haven't received any notification that it's shipped, which is why I'm curious if their sending notices out.

Sean

29. GeneralFROSTY

I actually did get a notification - the same day I paid for it.
    I know they were awaiting a shipment of certain sizes, send Joe an email at ANOVOS, great customer service.

30. Got Maul

One Correction Jimmy- that is 100% wool, not cotton. It has a stiff interface bound to the wool to give it that body and also makes it feel "stiffer" than conventional wool of it is weight.

All others- good news : Bib Pants are finished this coming monday and will be sent from our Los Angeles manufacture site *yes, USA MADE :) * to be combined with the tunic, pip and badge orders . Keep an eye out for those mailing notices.

31. Got Maul

Lastly, Jimmy got his because his was a top only order. We have all the TNG tops, thankfully, but were just waiting on the bib/pants to finish so we could ship out full uniforms.

32. GeneralFROSTY

Joe,
    Sorry, I meant to say wool - didn't even realize I wrote cotton.
    Love the tunic very much and the pips are just awesome!
    Can't wait for the pant.

33. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

Sweet! Can't wait! Thanks for the update!

Sean

34. agliarept

agliarept Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi I have a silly question. I have the Tunic ordered on a payment plan, if i pay it off does it ship right away? Specifically the Riker tunic in XL, is it in stock?

35. GeneralFROSTY

Funny thing about these tunics, once you have it on, you feel so "boss", you don't want to take it off!
    Good thing too, because you WILL need help from someone putting it on and taking it off.
    Really looking forward to the pant/bib - something that is clearly a necessity since the tunic easily will pull up on you.

36. Risu

Risu Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The solution: A black spandex zentai suit. No pants. Live a little.

37. GeneralFROSTY

Finally was able to get some decent photos. These backdrops came courtesy of the wonderful * National Resort in National Harbor, Washington while attending Katsucon.
    My girlfriend is sporting the ANOVOS 2009 dress, one of her first cosplays.
    My brother is wearing the ANOVOS Services tunic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc506/jimmy2step
    [IMG]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc506/jimmy2step/Katsucon%202013/20130216_143534_zps47f8101f.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

38. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

Uniforms really look great! Very anxious to get mine. Just waiting on that shipping notification....

Sean

39. GeneralFROSTY

Glad the pics look good.
    I'm really pumped to complete the uniform with the official ANOVOS pant. The Dickies work pant worked just fine with the modifications and no one questioned them.

40. agliarept

awesome pics!! I did contact Anovos about paying off my balance, hopefully they get back to me so I can get my tunic.

41. GeneralFROSTY

Found this one from a Facebook tag:
    [​IMG]

42. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

I just checked my account and there is a tracking number! UPS says it'll be here by Tuesday! :D

Sean

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  43. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

Got my uniform today! The thing is beautiful! Very well made and looks great! I'll try to get some pics up soon.

The only problem is the pants are way too tight in the hip area. Waist and length seem good, but I can't zip the * things up! I've contacted Anovos to request an exchange.

Sean

44. agliarept

Argh I'm still waiting for them to even reply to my email about paying off my balance. Apparently my account doesn't show my order or my deposit ughhhhh

45. GeneralFROSTY

Would you say these run small in the pant size?
    I have a size small tunic, but put a deposit on the medium pant based on my waist size, however, because of how tight the waistline is on the tunic, I'm worried the pant may make it even more difficult to zip it shut.

46. YenChih Lin

YenChih Lin Sr Member

sweet jesus! When will the First Contact uniform be coming?

47. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

I would say yes. I wear between a 32 and a 34 pant. I even confirmed my waist measurement before I ordered. The waist actually fits fine, but I found the pants extremely tight in the hip area.

Anovos has been great so far. They promptly replied to my inquiry and sent me a return label. The pants are going back tomorrow in exchange for the next size up.

Sean

48. Orog

Orog New Member

Greetings! I too require some temporary trousers for my costume. Can you give me a bit more info on which dickies work pants you bought? Is it the dickies 874 pants?
    Thanks for your help :)

49. GeneralFROSTY

I think so. Got em at Walmart.
    I had the hem altered to have the triangular opening and removed the Dickies patch. They look good and no one questioned them.

50. rumbeard

rumbeard New Member

I'm so glad masterjedi322. I was so excited to open my TNG Picard package tonight. I had the exact same issue. I'm a 38" chest which means I'm a M. I also wear 34" pants... but the seat of these pants is so tight. I can close the clip snugly but no hope of getting that zipper up. I tried putting on my back-brace as a corset no dice. I have a feeling the seat might rip after a few seatings (it wasn't vise tight, though). I think I should get the L pants. Anyone have any suggestions for how to put the top on by yourself? I can't raise or move my arms too far and it's a major pain.