Anovos Ghostbusters Proton Pack Kit

I'm kinda a noob, but I feel like a licensed kit takes some of the fun out of it. That said, I have yet to tackle anything so complicated, so I can't really talk.

For Alice racks, you can also search eBay, they are used for camping / hunting and there are always a supply of them for sale there.

Now the full assembles kit is available:

This 1:1 scale replica is fully assembled and includes details duplicated from Ghostbusters screen-used production assets and other sources. Unlike the previous Proton Pack Kit (which originated from an average of 3D scans), this special edition replica comes from directly casting an existing hero pack under special permission granted by Sony.

Product Features
-Full scale
-Constructed from a fiberglass shell against a metal backplate
-Accurate sourcing of the valves where possible
-The Neutrino Wand is a combination of fiberglass, resin, and acrylic
-The bumper and ion arm are constructed from high impact resin with metal detailing
Working toggle switches and buttons on the wand trigger electronic sequence

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/67315

Not quite - it's only "Pre-Order".

The kit version is just now shipping for pre-orders placed in 2016.

welll...yeah, pre-order is what the link says, :lol.
I meant it is "available" in the sense that they were not offering a full assembled version before, so now they are offering one and yes, it is only "available for pre-order". I didn't realize I had to be so specific, or people would be confused. :lol

Also, that fully assembled pack is completely different from the kit, being cast directly from the "super hero" pack, rather than idealized 3d models as with the kit.

"Pre-Order" with Anovos is a nebulous term. Personally, it took over a year and a half to get a cloth cap from "pre-order" to door. There are people over in the Star Wars Costuming area https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=212164 that have been waiting over three years for items, and some have had their "pre-order" outright cancelled.

to be fair, everything I've ordered as "In Stock" has shipped within 48 hours, with tracking numbers, etc.

Has anyone else received their packs yet? Anovos said March but nothing yet on this end.

I e-mailed them recently and they said there's an update coming soon, but other than that I've heard nothing from them. Wondering if this thing's even gonna materialize.

I was told by Anovos that they thought they would be in at the end of March. I know there have been issues in China lately with export times, so not surprised if that might play into this. Hoping though that they materialize soon. I have three on order, have the full suits, PKE meters, goggles, traps and extra gear ready to complete full outfits as well the extra materials to upgrade the packs. Quite a bit invested beyond the Anovos order.

Just got an email saying I'm in the first wave of deliveries.
c345734f1a46dd1505e7f04eadc5761e.jpg

I'm not a super die-hard GB fan... so you all know WAY more than I do.. :)

However,.. I like to make electronic kits for many of the props around here.. and have always wanted to tackle the GB pack electronics!

I know its a 'big project'.. especially if you want to do things 'right' with the most effects.

Can anyone:

1.) Provide some links to the current electronic kits out there and most people use? (the more the better.. like to see their approach and price points)

2.) Some 'features' people like/want/need? Any features that other kits missed out on?

3.) Videos on these packs 'in action' so I can see the effects in 'real-time'? (videos that pepole consider good/accurate.)

Thanks!

I just got mine yesterday. Super excited to get started, but no Instructions or parts list. I saw there were instructions in this thread. Anovos wrote me back and said instructions were being finalized and are coming to the website soon.

Received my three packs this past December but no Alice racks along with it.
Anovos first announce them in stock late July and when I e-mailed them they said they would ship with the packs. E-mailed when the packs came and again they said in December. Now, not hearing anything back on them. I can get the Alice racks cheaper through another supplier but paid for the three on order to go with my packs. Annoying to not have these in hand by now.

Received my three packs this past December but no Alice racks along with it.
Anovos first announce them in stock late July and when I e-mailed them they said they would ship with the packs. E-mailed when the packs came and again they said in December. Now, not hearing anything back on them. I can get the Alice racks cheaper through another supplier but paid for the three on order to go with my packs. Annoying to not have these in hand by now.

That's a bummer. I preordered the pack and frame when they were initially offered. I received the pack just before Halloween in 2017 and the frame early in 2018, IIRC, so they have shipped some of the frames.

Sean

I still cant believe this stuff goes on..

What if it were the other way around?

And we decided to 'pay' later.. then not at all.. and promised another payment at some date (and didnt do that either)..

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back