Anovos Ghostbusters Proton Pack Kit

1kivrm.jpg

As we draw closer to releasing our Ghostbusters Proton Pack Kit to customers, we want to extend a special thank you for your patience during the development of this challenging kit.

Since we announced the Proton Pack last year, our team has had to go back to the drawing board so that not only are we meeting the high standard of accuracy we set for ourselves, but to insure that the DIY kit builder will have a rewarding time assembling and painting this iconic piece of film history.

Late last year, we were able to visit the Sony archives for an in depth and hands on look at the surviving screen used props. While on site, we digitally scanned three of the existing packs, including Venkman's "hero" pack (the pack worn by Bill Murray during close up shots in the film). Using digital modeling and 3D printing, we were able to break down the pack into sub-assemblies that omitted many of the tedious and complex steps that would have been originally required. We remained faithful to the packs warping and asymmetrical forms, present in all three variants, while idealizing certain pieces critical to the integrity of the packs overall structure. We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to not only archive and exhaustively document these props, but to also translate this directly into the finished pieces for our customers.

Many of you have asked about the difficulty and time needed to complete the kit. We are confident that we have streamlined the kit into a single weekend project (approx. 16 hours) at most. The part count is still a work in progress but we anticipate no more 45-50 pieces. These range from small elbow fittings up to the main shell of the pack.

Now that we are moving along and fine tuning remaining details, we are thrilled to announce that the kit will be shown at our booth for Wondercon in Anaheim CA March 31-April 2. We will be sharing updated shipping estimates as we approach the show, stay tuned for more details!

Sincerely,
The ANOVOS Production Team

Received email from ANOVOS stating the official kit will be on display at Wondercon this year. Kit is expected to be about 45 - 50 pieces.

i thought anovos has been known to SAY the stuff they have on display is theirs, but usually winds up to be something a fan made?

going by memory of course, but i could be wrong.

This is the quote from their email on the last paragraph: "Now that we are moving along and fine tuning remaining details, we are thrilled to announce that the kit will be shown at our booth for Wondercon in Anaheim CA March 31-April 2. We will be sharing updated shipping estimates as we approach the show, stay tuned for more details!"

I guess you can take it for what it is worth.

This is the quote from their email on the last paragraph: "Now that we are moving along and fine tuning remaining details, we are thrilled to announce that the kit will be shown at our booth for Wondercon in Anaheim CA March 31-April 2. We will be sharing updated shipping estimates as we approach the show, stay tuned for more details!"

I guess you can take it for what it is worth.

only reason i brought it up is because i seem to remember in one of the other threads, they claimed darth vader was one of theirs and it turned out to be a fan model with the only real darth of there's being displayed at a disney world star wars store

Again I might be going on a faulty memory but that's what I remember

(stupid period not working on this keyboard)

Well, we didn't get the news, "We will be sharing updated shipping estimates as we approach the show, stay tuned for more details!"" so not real sure if we will see prototype.

Their Facebook post said today, " the show floor hasn't opened yet (it opens at 12 PM PT). Pictures should start coming from there after that over the course of the weekend!"

Last edited by a moderator:
From the 2 cellphone videos I saw I think they are going in the right direction, looking forward to seeing higher quality pics that I'm sure will be popping up soon.
Whoever painted that thing did a fantastic job matching the screen used look and tone. That thrower looks super super nice for being plastic.

SEz1uIk.jpg

UEn4R93.jpg

DhnpHna.jpg

P379FRD.jpg

Attachments

• P379FRD.jpg
    P379FRD.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 111
Proton pack will be out this next quarter. Jumpsuit will be out in late 2017. Some highlights from video:

1. Mostly fiberglass (the main shell). Rest will be resin and ABS
2. Parts of kit are modular so you can remove them or glue them so they are permanent.
3. Wand will have clear emitter nozzle, not frosted. It is very strong. Not sure how it will extend or if it will have that feature.
4. Design is still not final. Further tweaks still being done.
5. Best of four packs were scanned and used
6. Emitter handle is very lite.

Happy to be able to see pics of the pack, but I'm still disappointed that they haven't shared pictures of the actual kit - i.e. I would like to see the kit's pieces and in an unfinished form so I know what I'll be getting.

Also confused - the video said the pack would be done by the end of the year. Anovos's site and previous post say next quarter...? Sounds like there is still some work to be done and hit a 2Q release.

In any case, I think the pack looks great and am looking forward to getting one.

Sean

again, how do we know this is actually theirs? last time they displayed stuff i thought it was fan equipment?

maybe that is why we havn't seen kit pics yet cause it isn't ready.

This looks way better than I thought it would, the modular design is great, I have always been sick of having my ion arm ripped off either by accident or someone grabbing it.

Honestly for the money you pay either 600$ or 200$ upfront with 9, 45$ payments, this will be the best consumer kit you could ever get.

Having built many from scratch I look forward to picking this up and assembling, you can never have too many packs lol.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back