ANOVOS (Class-action, what do they owe u?) Thread

I started off with a phone call to my CC company- they’ll probably put you through to their dispute department. I lodged my complaint and they then sent forms out for me to fill in.

You will almost definitely have to provide evidence to your CC company that Anovos have ignored your requests for refunds, etc. I printed out all my dated emails and sent them as proof that Anovos hadn’t delivered.

I’ve done this once, without a hitch, and I’m currently in the process of getting my second refund sorted.

Hope that’s useful info.
Thanks!

If the Class Action lawsuit goes through I want in. Here is what I paid for:

TFA Kylo Ren Standard Line Costume Ensemble (Pre-Order),
$1,200 PAID IN FULL on April 13, 2017

I am completely dumbfounded that Anovos continues to operate as a Disney Licensed Business.

Luckily I didn't send all my money to Anovos. RS props got most of it, thank goodness for that. If it wasn't for RS I would not be trooping.

I tried this route, but past a certain time (6mo to 1 year depending on your CC company) they say there's little or nothing can be done due to time... those with 1+ year pre-orders i think have to file suit if they think they aren't going to get the items.

I had to go through a chargeback to get my Jan 2019 in-stock orders and that took 2mo to get everything with daily emails and communication... and im stopping hear as my blood pressure is going up ... just so frustrated and fed up with the issues i have with them...

Just breathe... letting the legal system figure this out.... thanks again to Rick for helping us with this option!
It is not fair. A lot of us just want to troop and make kids smile. Anovos have taken our money, our time and our trust, yet they are still licensed by Disney.

So I ordered a Jyn costume for my then-girlfriend (later fiancee, now wife) back in Feb 2017. No updates so far, and the updates are a laughable list of excuses, up until they decided to stop emailing updates altogether.

I am generally a patient man, but three years. THREE YEARS! This is longer than it took to get my Adventurebilts from the guy who made the hats for the movie...

Any advice on how I go about getting a refund?

Unsurprisingly, they ignored my refund request sent on the 9th this month, despite their website stating it may "take up to 5 to 7 business days" to get a reply. Today marks day 7, and I am doubtful I'll get a reply.

I suppose I could ask Amex to start a chargeback, but isn't three years well past the limitations? Guess that's what I get for being understanding...

Oh, and they charged me $515.29. Including shipping and state AND county tax (wtf?). I don't even live in the same county as them...

I emailed them asking for an update of my order placed Sept 17, 2017 (2 years ago) on Sept 29 (3 weeks ago) and have not heard back. I just emailed them again. I'm creating a record that I have tried to get a response and will eventually start asking for a refund if I hear nothing (and probably will ask for the refund if a do hear the same old lie) . Then go to my CC company with a few months of ... well whatever kind of response or no response I get. I figure I have a better case with the credit card company if they see I tried patiently for months and gave Anovos a chance.

Does anyone know other forums discussing this? Here is obviously a good one, probably the best but I'd like to just check other places to see if any new information comes up about the lawsuit.

I can't believe I'm still getting emails from them about new products....

I watched that documentary a while back. It is very good, and similar.
After years of dealing with Anovos my only feeling is that Disney will bail them out or they will go out of business. There is no way they will be able to pull out of this on their own. The level of incompetence and dishonesty is incredible. I just wonder how much they have embezzled (my own thought - no evidence) knowing they are on a sinking ship.
Or maybe they are having the same issues with Disney and they are just tying to fulfill their commitments to Disney first because they are more important to them.

Shared a legal update on the RPF Facebook page.
Do you have a link? I have a FB account but only use it when I need access which is like once a year and don't know how to navigate it very well. I found the RPF on FB (I think) but the latest posts are from June. I really want to find that thread but can't find it. Thanks!

This doesn't seem to be it:

Basically said 4 states will go forward in the Law suit due to the states consumer protection laws

Ca. And Washington were two of them, and that they let CBS and NBC off the hook.

Disney and Lucasfilm are still in though

Doesnt sound good...

Shame on Disney for not mandating Anovos change their process.. and shame on Anovos for being Anovos!

Does that mean if your from another state, such as New York in my case and had gotten on board with the suit to begin with, that you would no longer be included in the law suit and any settlement that might come out of it?

Doesnt sound good...

Shame on Disney for not mandating Anovos change their process.. and shame on Anovos for being Anovos!
Maybe they have for newer items. The Mandalorian helmet is being made in a US facility and they have not had a preorder. You just get on an interest list. Supposedly the first batch will be ready before the show airs.

I understand..

just a little too late IMO.

Nothing they do going forward matters until they take of their failings from the past.

"I know I scammed thousands of people........ -BUT-... I wont anymore!"

* yeah doesnt sound good when I read it out loud either. :)

Does that mean if your from another state, such as New York in my case and had gotten on board with the suit to begin with, that you would no longer be included in the law suit and any settlement that might come out of it?

The hope is they have success in those 4 states - then they can draw upon the successful case to pursue it in other states.

-APRIL 16, 2017
--ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS™ STORY Jyn Erso Costume Ensemble - Medium / Large
--ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS™ STORY Jyn Erso Scarf and Gloves Accessory Set (Pre-Order) - Medium*
-$501.08

*Gloves were delivered and I've been asking for about a year now for a refund to no avail. I offered to return the gloves because my wife wasn't happy with the quality or fit and was tired of waiting.

I ordered this for my wife at Star Wars Celebration and was promised it would all be delivered in time for her to wear it for Halloween in 2017, but the delivery date got pushed and has still not come... customer service has been completely unresponsive since I've been asking for a refund.

Very Frustrating...

I try to put this out of my mind as much as possible but every once and a while I check it to see if there is any positive news. So far it just seems like a waiting pattern for the lawsuit to play out. But I do need to vent:
Anovos are literally not figuratively a bunch of con men and thieves (my opinion). I'm sure a lot of it is total incompetence but it is clearly more than that. I'd block promotion emails but I don't want to chance having any order related info go to spam. Just got a Black Friday promotion - this is not incompetence. It is dishonestly (my opinion).
Thought: Could The RPF put an Anovos warning on the homepage to warn unsuspecting new Anovos customers? Not a don't buy, but at least a link to this thread so people could judge for themselves?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back