Another Zvezda Star Destroyer

That looks like a very close match to Insignia White (or in Tamiya's case, AS-20 spray can)

Using Tamiya bottle paints I mixed a very similar color using Flat White and just a small bit XF-19

I was mixing my own colour before but I just cannot get my hands on the primary colour I was using, so this was a better alternative. Even more so when I realised that I didn't need to mix anything with this one other than thinner!

I was mixing my own colour before but I just cannot get my hands on the primary colour I was using, so this was a better alternative. Even more so when I realised that I didn't need to mix anything with this one other than thinner!

oh yea, definitely easier to use a pre-mixed

I haven't tried that brand before. are they acrylic or enamels?

And the bottom is now also done:

52326019635_3e54b8bd86_c.jpg

Together they stand:

52326004309_7ab7cac494_c.jpg

As you may tell, my plans to move interstate appear to have changed, so I am pressing ahead full steam now to get this painted. If momentum is kept up, I'll aim to get the base finished too

4 hours of masking and this is all I have to show for that time. Depressing

Still have 3 colours to spray and mask yet
Well, with the amount of greeblies it's normal...as a matter of fact; it's your fault! I hope it's a "Lesson Learned" for your future project;-p...kidding of course; keep giving us updates of your wonderful build; so cool to see it painted with a first coat and admiring all of those details popping up :cool: :cool: (y)(y)

Well, I see I have forgotten to update this thread but a fair amount has happened since the black was laid down. That and the dark gray panels have been masked and now for the next and final shade of gray before the base coat goes down. I'm noticing that some of the paint is lifting which is not a good sign. This may end up being a total waste of time. We shall see

52531586499_93e69c3f0a_4k.jpg

52530830592_9f8a0403e9_4k.jpg

Well, that's where she's at. Still a long way to go yet, but I'm getting somewhere
Thanks for your patience and indulging me with this never ending build (4 years now!)

Si

Great pics mate (y) (y) :cool::cool: As for the paint lifting; as you said, it's not good news. Did you prep your surface the same as you've been doing before (with other projects) and the same paint?:unsure:

Well, so far so good. I need to add some more filter to the roof panels which I will do over the next day or so to bring them into line with the main body.

I'll let you be the judge on whether or not the masking was worth it

52546187178_df552863c7_4k.jpg

52546121080_b21cf08259_4k.jpg

52545936104_5a4fd722d3_4k.jpg

Obviously, there is still a clear coat and wash to go but yeah, am happy with how its looking
Now to do the bottom part!

Thanks guys! Made a small start on the bottom half last night. I wont bore you with pics of that process, so it'll be another few weeks before the next update

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back