Another tricorder...

Mr. Nagata

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just finished another tricorder buildup. This one's a Mark VI (The 3rd and 4th season version). A little different than the Mark VII. Aside from the hand scanner and scanner pocket, the graphics are a lighter brownish color and the screen graphic is different. Special thanks to Matt Munson for the info about his screen-used Mark VI on his website (It really comes in handy, so please keep it up. We (or I) appreciate it).

One other detail. I added a SOUND module to this one. It's too cool. Now I feel like going back and adding sound to all my other props. The sound is triggered when the magnetic reed switch in the top is disengaged. There is a second reed switch in the area between the door and the main body that's triggered when the tricorder is open. When the tricorder closes, the "closing" ratchet sound is engaged.

Here's a little movie so you can see it in action:

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/rnags/Props/...vitricorder.mov

markvi.jpg

Very nice job--I have one very similar to that

It has sound FX and animated LED's like yours- do you know which verson/ season this one is from?

smalltricorder.JPG

Playschool. Great build up dude. is that a rodd.com kit?? Looks phenomenal, and glad to hear that my website can be of help.

All of these beautiful, brand new looking tricorders make me think it might be time to pick up some of these rodd.com kits myself and add "As first built by" Mark VI and VII tricorders to the collection. Great stuff, and very inspirational dude.

*******. I just noticed the title of this thread.... I should have read it before I posted nice things. I take it all back... your tricorder is NO WAY better than mine..... :)

Originally posted by MattMunson@Jan 1 2006, 10:03 AM
*******. I just noticed the title of this thread.... I should have read it before I posted nice things. I take it all back... your tricorder is NO WAY better than mine.....  :)
[snapback]1148017[/snapback]​

:lol :lol :lol

Originally posted by Sidewinder@Jan 1 2006, 10:48 AM
OMG that is soooo cool, the SFX make that piece...

SAS
[snapback]1148031[/snapback]​

I've never been a Trek guy but I agree with Sidwinder, the FX on that little bugger are way cool. Very nice LED lights, the flashing pattern is mesmerizing :lol , and the sounds for the opening, closing and in use are very high quality.

Congrats on your new piece.

Bruce

Hey Pauleysolo, what you have is a Mk IX Tricorder. I can't see the scanner lights so I can't tell you what series its from.

Thanks. The other tricorders you guys posted are awesome.

Matt, this tricorder and the Mark VII medical in my other thread are both Rodd.com kits. They're addicting to build. I feel like getting another mark VII science just for the hell of it.

And mine IS better. I don't care if yours was touched by the grease paint-covered fingers of Brent Spiner. Mine has sound.

Oh yeah?? Well, what mine lack in sound, they make up for in sheer numbers. nayner nayner.. :)

Either way, that's a sweet frickin' tricorder. I've been seriously contemplating getting a few of those rodd.com kits. I should get on it before they sell out, or shut down again.

Originally posted by Pauleysolo@Jan 1 2006, 01:30 PM
Very nice job--I have one very similar to that

It has sound FX and animated LED's like yours- do you know which verson/ season this one is from?

smalltricorder.JPG

[snapback]1148008[/snapback]​

That's a DS9 & Voyager Mark X, I believe.
May have been used in Generations as well.

Ryan: nice buildup: good graphics & paintjob.

Did the electronics come from Rodd.com also?

And could you tell us how difficult the electronics were to install in the kit.
Thanks.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back