Another P1 Stunt Bio

Thanks, everyone, for the positive feedback!

Updated first post: Final Sanding of the Shroud: 01.11.2011 - 1 Hours
With exception to the etched detail line that runs around the shroud, I'm calling this one finished.

Tomorrow I will hopefully finished sanding the ridge I built on the inside of the eyeholes that I plan on attached velcro to, so that I can flip out the lenses from time to time. Next, I will use "Death In a Can" on the inside and then priming the outside. Who knows, I may actually have this painted by Sunday...

damn,.....now i need a shroud cover too,.....
what'd you do to the other side ???>...

where the hoses go into the bio ,.....

i'm waiting on mine's fiberglass to cure right now,.....
added some to the seam ( or what looks like a seam ) above both cheeks,.....
wanted to give it a strong point,.....(( just incase some dumb-ass drops it one day ))

Casey (biohunter76) sells the kit that completes the Bio. He also sells prewired lasers. If you want to go LED, then PM Jason. I ordered the super bright red ones. They should be here within the next two weeks (Fingers crossed)...

I filled in both those areas this evening with the putty.

Updated first post: Another Round of Putty To The Shroud & Eyes: 1.13.2010 - 3 Hour

Initially, I was going to grind down the center post of Casey's laser plate. However, after having another look at the film used laser, I have decided it is accurate and only needs, perhaps, a rounding of the edge. It would appear, at least to me, that this is another example of artistic license that Steve Wang took when sculpting the cinemaquette version...

Thanks, J, most appreciated. I think I have some unconscience desire to be able to claim the most time spent on the INSIDE of a bio. I may even felt it to add more time to the project, :)

Funny, I was thinking about the weight issue this afternoon. Yeah, it feels heavier but as to how much heavier, I have no idea. Now, mind you, I have sanded off quite a bit of what I've put on, but I am on my sixth stick of KwikPlastik. I'd be interested to have someone else weigh theres and get back to me with a "base weight" (George?). I will gleefully take mine into a Bed Bath & Beyond upon completion and use one of their floor model kitchen scales (I think they sell them?) to get a better answer, o_O

Updated First Post: Yet More Sanding of the Shroud: 01.14.2011 - 4 Hours

Also added: Laser Shroud & Air Tube References

The little bit of grey, in the shape of the number 7, is all that remains of the orginal shroud. I have sucessfully sanded the rest of it into dust. The latest round of putty is currently drying. I'm still not happy. Alas...

Well it's looking pretty perfect to me, well done it is a credit to you and nice to see it all on pics too, for us to use for refference.
Thanks for taking the time to do all this and put it up for all to see.
Stephen.

Thanks for the feedback, Stephen. I like to document my projects, whatever they are, in case I need to reference them in the future. It's not that much more work to post them here so as to help other Lair members and keep them from making the same mistakes I have made, lol...

wow now i gotta do that to mine,.....
looks awesome dude !!!!!!

all that time sanding really made it worth it,....
looks smooth and flawless ,.......NICE !!!

Philby

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back