another one for you old farts - pink floyd division bell heads

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
thought i would try out my new hot wire foam cutting machine.

i got a copy of the artwork for pink floyd's the division bell up on my pc monitor. i then put some low tack artist film on the screen then traced round one of the heads.

i removed the film and transferred the dimensions onto a sheet of insulation foam.

once i was happy with it i taped another sheet of foam to the back and passed it through the hot wire. unfortunately the wire was not as tight as i would have liked so it went a bit wonky in areas but nothing i cant fix.

i took the pieces apart and was left with a mirror image of the first one.

i intend to sculpt sand and coat these to make a hard outer shell.

took me approx 1 hour so far.

they are approx 3.5 feet tall and will look splendid on my wall :)

the eyes have just been added in MS paint ;)

divisionbell.jpg

-z

Love it, I always used to look at this cover and wonder what it meant, this one the wish you were here, and the Black Sabbath self tittled first record made my mind boggle. Especially after some ganja.

Ahhh... The last Pinkfloyd ( well without Roger Waters anyways ), and the last official tour....I was 17 when the album came out, and fell in love with every song. Although I think "Division Bell" is the best track.
Anyways, are you going to cover it with metal, and put little rivets, or screws of some sort? I think that would look really good, than you could age it a little bit like the album cover.

Ahhh... The last Pinkfloyd ( well without Roger Waters anyways ), and the last official tour....I was 17 when the album came out, and fell in love with every song. Although I think "Division Bell" is the best track.
Anyways, are you going to cover it with metal, and put little rivets, or screws of some sort? I think that would look really good, than you could age it a little bit like the album cover.

yeah i'm going to make it look like metal anyway and rivets n all.

the real ones i think are at the Cleveland rock and roll hall of fame.

a workmate of mine saw the real ones at a gig years ago and he told me his mate took load of snaps, only to find out he forgot to put film in the camera :lol

DOH!

i bought a machine on ebay, its really well made and a doddle to use. i'll see if i can get a snap.

-z

Last edited:
Man, I remember when that album came out. I didn't know alot about Pink Floyd, and I had a job working as a security guard working the midnight shift and one of the local radio stations had this four hour program in which they talked to members of the band inbetween playing all of the songs.

It was the best thing that ever happened while I worked there.
And I agree, Division Bell is the best song off that album.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back