Another Dread Question

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
a bit of stange question but is black the only colour avaailable to buy Dreads ? im thinking of trying something but need Dreads that are coloured Red

a bit of stange question but is black the only colour avaailable to buy Dreads ? im thinking of trying something but need Dreads that are coloured Red

I've only seen black or gray. But I have painted them successfully using plain old ordinary spray paint, and I know others have successfully used plastidip. So it probably wouldn't be hard to paint them red.

(I'm speaking of backer rod dreads.)

I would not paint dreads with spray paint, as they flex too much which would cause the paint to crack possibly, but you can paint them just like a latex mask with acrylics or inks.
i have used both and it is a easy process.

It just depends on the pigment used. The foam usually cures white, however most people will add a black tint. If you add red tint...voila.

I would not paint dreads with spray paint, as they flex too much which would cause the paint to crack possibly

I've not had that problem, but I do understand that others have. Perhaps it has something to do with which particular paint one uses.

I have used FW inks with great results to paint my dreads red.would think normal paints would crack if too thick.

I used regular acrylic paint on a few of mine. It seemed to work just fine, but I ended up going through a lot of paint. Since I was on a budget, I scrapped that idea. They turn out nice, though.
IMAG0001-1.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back