Another Classic BSG prop

Talisen

Sr Member
Here's my Kropserkel Cylon helmet, it's almost complete, just waiting upon the roving eye circuit (yes the one in the pic has been faked for your pleasure)

Front-profile-eye.jpg
Front-right-eye.jpg

Taking photos of Chromed objects is a pain.

I believe it's vacuum metallized. Came in 3 parts, 2 halves of the shell were vacuum formed styrene that were Chromed already and the mouth grill/eyepeice was black resin. The cutting of the two halves was nerve wracking, but I think I did relatively well.

<div class='quotetop'>(Talisen @ Jun 5 2006, 04:50 AM) [snapback]1256395[/snapback]</div>
I believe it's vacuum metallized. Came in 3 parts, 2 halves of the shell were vacuum formed styrene that were Chromed already and the mouth grill/eyepeice was black resin. The cutting of the two halves was nerve wracking, but I think I did relatively well.
[/b]

Very Nice.

I worked on a vac-formed Cylon helmet before. it was hard enough trimming a unfinished helmet since some of these vac-formed kits, the cutting line is a little vague..... I can imagine trimming one that has already been plated :eek

You can always use chrome tape for screen accuracy and to hide any gaps in the seams if there's any :D

Great job.

Nick

Wow. That's a great helmet you put together... it must've been hard putting it together. The one I got ... the nose part is a bit crooked so I put a piece of aluminium tape on it to hide it. I wouldn't think that there would be too many Cylons around North America. It would be kewl if we can all meet somewhere... providing that we live close together. Unfortunately I live in Canada. I have my doubts that there are many tin cans walking around here :cry

Agreed...I hope to have mine all together this summer...

I have all the hard parts, but still need the suit and skirt...

Don't tell anyone...but I think We Cylons could kick these Stormtroopers butts ;)

I don't know RedEye. I know of a few Canuck Cylons (Kropserkel for one) And, well, i've only got the helmet, but I'm sure I could wrap myself in Foil. ;)

Please let me know where and when you all get together in one place.

I will make sure to bring plenty of Re-charge Cylinders :p

<div class='quotetop'>(Talisen @ Jun 22 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1266430[/snapback]</div>
I don't know RedEye. I know of a few Canuck Cylons (Kropserkel for one) And, well, i've only got the helmet, but I'm sure I could wrap myself in Foil. ;)
[/b]

That's where I got my Cylon costume from. I take it you live in Toronto? I'm over here in Edmonton.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back