Another 1/2 studio scale 1701 TOS - SHE'S DONE!!!!!

Re: Another 1/2 studio scale 1701 TOS - Beginning of the End!

Thanks for the great thread! I really admire your craftsmanship. The kinds of fabrication skills demonstrated by members of this forum is an ongoing education for me. Your documentation is excellent, too. Let us know when she goes public, I wanna go see her in the flesh, as it were. I bet it'll be soon, as you seem to be blasting through this at a pace that shames/inspires me. Do you even have a day job? Oh, wait, this is your job?

Here she is in all her glory. It took 10 months off & on to get her finished. I'm really happy with how she turned out, but believe me I'm glad it's over.
Tomorrow she goes to her permanent home at Foster Fitness in SE Portland.
Here's a video of the light & sound effects. Sorry it's not that great, It's phone cam.
1/2 Studio Scale NCC-1701 Enterprise - YouTube

Thank You All, for the support & encouragement through out my journey!
Enjoy & Happy Modeling!

IMAG0758.jpg

IMAG0729.jpg

IMAG0733.jpg

IMAG0735.jpg

IMAG0779.jpg

IMAG0778.jpg

IMAG0776.jpg

IMAG0775.jpg

IMAG0774.jpg

IMAG0772.jpg

IMAG0770.jpg

IMAG0769.jpg

IMAG0768.jpg

IMAG0767.jpg

IMAG0766.jpg

IMAG0765.jpg

IMAG0764.jpg

IMAG0763.jpg

IMAG0762.jpg

IMAG0760.jpg

Awesome! I can't imagine how much work it took to make that pig of a kit into such a beauty.

Wow, I was going under the assumption when I first saw the images that it was a Steve Neill model. But I guess this thing was much inferior (except for the shuttle bay doors anyway). Seeing what there is in these pictures though, you wouldn't know it.

Excellent save and I hope the customer is VERY satisfied with that work. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

That is just beautiful and even more amazing knowing what you started with. Congrats!! She is fabulous!!

Thanks for sure folks! It was long, the road was hard, & the outlook was grim, but the sheer motivation of working with one hand & whipping myself with the other got me through:behave

Thanks for the great thread! I really admire your craftsmanship. The kinds of fabrication skills demonstrated by members of this forum is an ongoing education for me. Your documentation is excellent, too. Let us know when she goes public, I wanna go see her in the flesh, as it were. I bet it'll be soon, as you seem to be blasting through this at a pace that shames/inspires me. Do you even have a day job? Oh, wait, this is your job?

Thanks Bondo, She was picked up today!

Wow, I was going under the assumption when I first saw the images that it was a Steve Neill model. But I guess this thing was much inferior (except for the shuttle bay doors anyway). Seeing what there is in these pictures though, you wouldn't know it.

Excellent save and I hope the customer is VERY satisfied with that work. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Thanks Jay, believe me I wish it was all Steve's kit. I had to settle for the bay doors & rings behind the deflector.

He is extremely happy!

I'm not done reading thru the thread yet... but had to comment on your fine craftsmanship from what I've seen so far. She's a beauty Brett.

Thanks Ken, If you ever get your kit from RS(good luck). Let me know & I'll cast you a parts kit from my remade parts. After my own experience with this specific kit, I'm here to support a fellow brother in arms.

Thanks folks!
I was really happy to be able to take her to this level. I've promised a before & after series, but work on other projects has taken over again. I'll try to get it up soon.

I'm glad to say my client had a change of heart about selling it. I really want it to be on public display!

WOW, Beautifully done!

BTW, what color did you use on the hull?

Thanks crowe, I went the easy route with camo gray MM1733. It has a hair tint of green & is a little warmer. I like how the color displays in natural light. There are a couple of recipes out there for getting close to the original. Truth is no one quite knows the original mix. All thats left are some chips of the original finish, but this is pretty close.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back