Angel blade from Supernatural - Finished!

wow very nice, that angel blade is way better then the blade I made

untitled_zpsa1cb51a9.jpg

made with pvc vacuum extension piece and a $1 "dagger" from a Halloween store

didnt even have a end cap. had to always have my hand covering it lol

Hey, for a costume that's a damned fine blade :)

Do a search for dollar store prop contests and you can see some crazy stuff made using just stuff from the dollar store or whatever the local equivalent of that is. Arc reactors, blasters, etc.

Chris

Actually, the run is still open till I send the payment to the guy. That's either going to be tomorrow if the bank is open and I get the invoice, or sometime early next week.

If you want one, feel free to hop on, all the info is in the JY thread's first post. :)

Chris

Still taking deposits since the invoice hasn't shown up yet. Hit the junkyard and check out the thread, all the instructions are in the first post :)

Chris

Okay, I am a newbie so don't shoot me if I overlooked something. For a holder for this knife, you were talking about using plexiglas (I am assuming to make it look more ethereal). Might I offer the suggestion on it? A plaque to hang on the wall and you mentioned you wanted to mount it vertically. Two pieces of plexiglas attached perpendicular to the plaque itself. Top one has a triangular hole cut in it. This will allow the blade to penetrate it but will not allow the handle to go through. Then consider a second piece at the bottom with a divot drilled in to it just enough to where the tip of the blade is suspended in it. For extra security fill the divot with silicone caulk and after apply a little oil to the tip of the blade, insert the blade in to the holder how you want it to display and let the caulk cure. This should give you the holder you are looking for but protect the tip from spearing something accidentally and with the added security of the caulk should keep it from rattling around much if you live near a busy street or are in an earthquake-prone area.

Ethereal... sure let's go with that reason and not say that I hate woodworking :lol

That's pretty close to the idea I had, except I didn't think of the tiny piece at the pointy end of the blade. I was thinking more along the lines of a rounded bit to hold the round portion of the blade under the ring on the pommel, and another piece a few inches down with a triangle cut out to hold the blade steady.

Awesome idea on the caulk as well. Didn't think much about it rattling. I live in La so we don't get earthquakes, but we do get giant trucks from time to time...

Appreciate the help :)
Chris

Not a dumb question at all :)

Unfortunately, currently, you can't. I closed the run down and placed the order a few weeks back, so I can't add one to the order at the moment.

I was giving some thought to selling the prototype though.

I might be doing a new run later this year if there is enough interest, so keep an eye out on the forum, we always have something cool here :)

Thanks!
Chris

I am interested in a second run as well... BIG TIME!!!!! Hubby and I are restoring a 67 Impala 4-door hardtop, her name is Renegade and this would be awesome for the weapons cache. To see how serious we are check out our FB page "The Most Important Object In Pretty Much The Whole Universe".

I would be interested in getting in on the second run as well (if there is one) :)

edit: seeing as the price is $250, I may have to change to a 'maybe' on a second run

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back