An American Werewolf in London - transformed into a PUPPY

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

We really get some of the best requests at the studio… one client asked for a different kind of American Werewolf transformation and I loved the idea!

He asked us to create a "puppy" version of Rick Baker's classic werewolf from AWIL. Such a fun concept! I immediately had an image in mind and did a little photoshop mash with some sketching to get the concept down. The client approved and off we went to building it.

Quite a few people had a hand in this. The final piece has a silicone head and feet, translucent resin teeth and claws, custom eyes (with actual 3-D muscles within), hand punched NFT hair and a fabricated body with acrylic fur. To top it all off, we gave him a weathered red movie theater chair like the theater at the end of the flick!

Rick got a real kick out of it (whew!) and most importantly, our client loved it! I hope you do too!

You'll find lots of pics on this page on our site: http://www.tomspinadesigns.com/sculpture-american-werewolf-in-london-wolf-prop-puppy.html

We shared the process as we worked on Facebook, so if you dig that sort of thing, follow us there please! https://www.facebook.com/TomSpinaDesigns

And we did a little video slideshow (see below), covering a lot of the steps that went into this piece… enjoy!

Thanks for looking and I hope you all find him as creepy and cute as we do :)

best,
Tom

american-werewolf-transformed-into-puppy-1_1.jpgamerican-werewolf-transformed-into-puppy-8_1.jpgamerican-werewolf-transformed-into-puppy-9_1.jpgamerican-werewolf-transformed-into-puppy-10_1.jpgamerican-werewolf-transformed-into-puppy-7_1.jpgamerican-werewolf-transformed-into-puppy-2_1.jpgamerican-werewolf-transformed-into-puppy-3_1.jpgamerican-werewolf-transformed-into-puppy-6_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, guys! Wolfwalker, it's funny you say that. I pulled up Husky puppy images when working on the initial concept for this! Glad it shows through :)

Cheers!

Tom

The only problem with Spike was she had a tiny collie head, a wide husky body, and stood about the height of a minature schnauzer. Named her Spike after the wrestler Spike Dudley for her attitude. As I said , she was a MUTT-ANT.
I showed my brother(who I take care of after his strokes and other med conditions) the pictures and his first words were, "Thats SPIKE!! " God I miss her(lost her a few years back.
Thanks again for showing a wonderful project.

The only problem with Spike was she had a tiny collie head, a wide husky body, and stood about the height of a minature schnauzer. Named her Spike after the wrestler Spike Dudley for her attitude. As I said , she was a MUTT-ANT.
I showed my brother(who I take care of after his strokes and other med conditions) the pictures and his first words were, "Thats SPIKE!! " God I miss her(lost her a few years back.
Thanks again for showing a wonderful project.

Oh man, that's touching… thanks so much! Glad you guys like him and Spike sounds like a real handful :)

Thanks for the kind words, unfortunatly lost her about 3 years ago, but stuff like what you did here makes the good times come back.

I do think she was part werewolf or possible some alien experiment. She was the runt of the litter, but 3 days after she was born, she wandered away from her mother. When we set her back, she kicked the pick of the litter out of the way to grab a meal. I didnt know there was such a thing as an "ALPHA RUNT".

Thanks again.

Came up with that as I was typing that in. It sure fits. Though sounds like a new Disney film.

it sure does!

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic work as always!!!! I love it!!!!

Thank you!

I watched this "come to life" on facebook... Instantly fell in love with it! WELL DONE!!!

-B89!

Glad to hear it… always neat to share the process :)

DAMN! I want one.

Thanks! And drop a line any time ;)

Tom

Hello Tom, wow you are clearly such a gifted artist. I love what you have done here but I have to mention just one thing. The staining on the teeth. I feed all my dogs on raw food bones fur the lot. I have one dog who has been fed raw food her entire life. There is not one spot of staining on any of her teeth and our vets are always amazed by them. So I wonder if this werepuppy likes to feast on dog biscuits instead of flesh and bone? Please don't be offended I'm blown away by your work.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back