Amulet of Doom

Storm

Hello,

in order to stuff some of my different original costume from the movie, i decided to make some screen accurate replica of my original amulet used in the movie.
I made some of them before in resina but i was convinced that making them in metal would be really better and a good practise to recreate stuff with the same techniques they used 40 years ago

1- mold Making (mold max 60 silicon, really good stuff who can resist until 300°C, pewter melt at nearly 237 °C , silicon is combined with a vaccum chamber to avoid any air bubble)

2- pewter cast ( i melt pewter object i found as pichet , goblet ... ^^)

3- dremel cleaning / smooth of the edge etc

4- washing of metal to permit a good reaction of the treatment with a special chimical product to dark the pewter

5- metal silver paint brush for the patina surface

6- Lace & gloss

and voilà :) :p

paj9.jpg

dw30.jpg

kzti.jpg

hhyf.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Conan amulette.JPG

12622387_741624535938732_7040236297894616068_o.jpg

Attachments

• 278572826_1021356718813001_2407980536445893352_n.jpg
    278572826_1021356718813001_2407980536445893352_n.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

RogueSkynet

Nice work dude, that come out really nice. Mold max 60 is good stuff, I have used it a lot.
Is the original movie one made from metal or is it resin?
I cast my stuff in bronze now, easier to get cleaner casts with the lost wax method.

Storm

Thanks, the original one is made of metal too for the amulet :)
(contrary to the original chest/shield emblem of the doom guard made with a kind of wax)

RogueSkynet

Thanks, the original one is made of metal too for the amulet :)
(contrary to the original chest/shield emblem of the doom guard made with a kind of wax)
cool, interesting...thanks for the info. I guess that production got metal pieces made along with some of the hero swords maybe.

Storm

sorry no i don't sell anyone, copyright is very strict, not like Star Wars who permit fan to sell prop replica for costuming community.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.