AMT/ERTL Klingon BOP Questions

Mechamaniac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got the itch to build one of these lately. I know they're out of production and can be had pretty cheap so I wouldn't feel bad subjecting one to my mediocre modeling skills.

Anyhow, I have a couple of questions for those who have the kit...I used the search feature and found an old thread about KBOP's and someone mentioned the length is about 11", is this correct?

I know scale is COMPLETELY subjective with the KBOP so I'm not even going to ask about that :rolleyes

Also, does anyone know if the wings can be built to be movable? I like both configurations of the KBOP and wouldn't want to have to decide on just one.

Thanks!!

I got the itch to build one of these lately. I know they're out of production and can be had pretty cheap so I wouldn't feel bad subjecting one to my mediocre modeling skills.

Anyhow, I have a couple of questions for those who have the kit...I used the search feature and found an old thread about KBOP's and someone mentioned the length is about 11", is this correct?

I know scale is COMPLETELY subjective with the KBOP so I'm not even going to ask about that :rolleyes

Also, does anyone know if the wings can be built to be movable? I like both configurations of the KBOP and wouldn't want to have to decide on just one.

Thanks!!

For a stock build, the wings are not adjustable. But I believe I've seen customizations where it has been made to be ajustable.

I have an unstarted one on my to-do list. It's been there for years and likely to be there a year or two more before I get around to it. Anyway, I pulled out the main fuselage section and it measures just a little over 10". With the nose/proton torpedo launcher in place it should be really close to 10.5 inches.

The wing question has already been answered well. I had considered getting that kit back in the day, but decided against it. Although I really like the BoP design, I'm just not that much of a Trek fan and would rather put the time and money into other projects. Besides, I'd display in wings-down attack mode most of the time anyway :lol

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back