Service Aluminum, Brass, Plastic Machining

FLM Concepts

Instead of hinting that I'm available to machine parts for props other than the ones I currently make or have expressed interest in, I'm starting this thread to offer them officially to the members of The RPF.

For a limited time (60 days), I'm offering 50% off of machine time. Our normal rate, to pay for wages, electricity, bits, expendables, and our machinery itself, is $100/hr. A lot of parts can be made in one hour for most projects. An exception would be my Trek movie communicator lids, which take a long time because of the size of end mill used and the slow feed rate I must use in manufacturing them. Most parts go much faster.

I have immediate availability of time on my CNC router. Lathe and mill time will become available once I'm able to purchase those machines with my fundraising campaign.

Please PM me with any requests and for quotes on how much time would be required for your parts.

Instead of paying me directly, for the next 60 days I'll be having people pay on Indiegogo on our campaign page:

http://igg.me/at/FLMConcepts

I'm an experienced machinist that has worked at large shops on million-dollar CNC machines and used to have my own home shop with manual machines. I now have a 48"x96" CNC router table and I'm looking for jobs to pay for a small CNC lathe and milling machine for prop work. I can cut aluminum, brass, and plastic with my current equipment.

Keep in mind that there is some work we just cannot do because of size or setup. Our machine is a 3-axis machine, which means it can go back and forth, side to side, and straight up and down. We can do limited 3d routing, but 3d routing take a long time and can be quite expensive.

Also, parts must be designed accordingly. There will be radii on inside corners, the size of which depends on the size of bit used. A 1/8" end mill will leave a 1/16" radius on inside corners. The smallest bit I'm comfortable using on our router in aluminum for profile work is 1/16" and on brass is 1/32". Aluminum is gummy and tends to break tiny bits for anything other than the lightest cuts. Drilling is fine with a 1/32" bit.

I'm open for business and look forward to working with you!

DSC00153[1].jpgDSC00155[1].jpgDSC00149.jpgRouter23.jpgRouter29.jpgDSC00123[1].jpgDSCN0060.JPGDSC00156.jpg

Last edited:
Are you able to do screen accurate wolverine claws if i lend you one to copy? What would the price be on something like that?

Are you only machining aluminium plates, or can you also make something like an aluminium gun barrel? I need a barrel to slide in my spooner gun (so an alumium pipe with a broader part in the front). Could you make this? In that case I can send you the dimenions of the barrel I need, so you can make a price.

Are you able to do screen accurate wolverine claws if i lend you one to copy? What would the price be on something like that?

I can do the shapes of the claws themselves, but I don't have a way to do the grip or sharpen the blades.

Are you only machining aluminium plates, or can you also make something like an aluminium gun barrel? I need a barrel to slide in my spooner gun (so an alumium pipe with a broader part in the front). Could you make this? In that case I can send you the dimenions of the barrel I need, so you can make a price.

Unfortunately, I don't have a metal lathe yet, so I can't do cylinders. I'm working toward getting a CNC lathe for prop work, which is the purpose of my fundraising campaign.

Sorry. :(

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back