Alternative to skin

Ostberg

Heya!

I've been thinking a while now about wether to get a latex skin suit or to try find a "breathing" material for it, such as cloth.
A full latex skin suit can be pretty expensive, aswell as warm.
Is there anyone out there who has experience about this?
I've searched the net for some kind of tights overall, pants/shirt with the predator skin texture on it, or a company that can do it, but no success.
If you know any site with such clothes, then please share

Working on a Celtic predator costume from AVP, testing how an armor made out of foam mats will be like now, the silver grey and black tone looks ok, and the armor will be light when it's finished.
I got no experience about resin and latex, tho i have been creative since i was a kid, worked alot with clay and sculptures, maybe i should give molding a go.
But yeah, no experience, and latex is toxic and requires ventilated area i think =p

And for some reason i cant make posts in the marketplace, i read that people who wants to sell items gotta have 50 posts etc, but nothing about people who wants to buy.
Interested in a pair of red-brown latex hands/gloves, and possibly the AVP celtic shoulders.
Feel free to mail pictures of the AVP armor parts you got for sale, and add your THL username, as i've seen several sellers not having pictures to show in the makers list.

smidron@hotmail.com

Go get a fabric costume muscle suit and simply paint it..this was my 1st and worked great. I wore a Lycra bodysuit underneath for the legs and some football thigh pads for leg muscles.
Hope this helps...heres the muscle top I'm talking about.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Bodybuilder-M...#ht_2165wt_1396

this could work as well....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Muscles-Padded-...c#ht_500wt_1180

Good idea!
But then i still got the problem that i can't paint :<
I got no experience or tools for airbrushing what so ever.

This sounds like an option,but makes me wonder...what type of paint would you use,and what keeps it from flaking off? My prop painting experience has only been on static,non flexible material....hence spray paint,lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back