Almost Dead Iron Man (Broken Faceplate)

Jmen

Sr Member
Here is my new post for you. Actually this faceplate is broken plastic piece, but i decided make a nightlight for my room)) My friend tried to make plastic casting without my help and here is result)) hi try to make it faster with hot air gun, but choose too hot temperature. anyway - now i have nice stuff in my collection. i will make some holder for it next week, so - u can wait some update. Enjoy!)))
????-0329.jpg????-0328.jpg ????-0259.jpg????-0255.jpg????-0256.jpg????-0257.jpg????-0258.jpg
i also made some arduino code for this faceplate - it blinks like broken helmet in "Avengers".

Here is some update for you. or for me))) its a stand for my mask. its first coat of color and texture. tomorrow will be shadow coat, battle damage and varnish) Enjoy.
????-0275.jpg????-0276.jpg????-0277.jpg????-0273.jpg????-0274.jpg
Red coat is not perfect lined, its because i will make shadows and damages.

Really cool!! But you should make the lens more movie accurate.. (white plastic) It wil make a big difference i think.
Nice piece...

(another suggestion if i may.. use reinforced concrete with metal bars sticking out as a stand...)
Image74.jpg

good luck on your very nice build..

If you don't want to use actual concrete you can also try breaking a block of polystyrene coat it in plasti-dip and painting it to look like concrete.Tthat way if you want to use rebar you can arrange it how you like with a lot less effort. And you can hide you power source in the base if you hollow it to add a little weight. Great idea by the way. I am a fan of the unique look of the purposefully (or accidentally and repurposed) distressed props.

If you don't want to use actual concrete you can also try breaking a block of polystyrene coat it in plasti-dip and painting it to look like concrete.Tthat way if you want to use rebar you can arrange it how you like with a lot less effort. And you can hide you power source in the base if you hollow it to add a little weight. Great idea by the way. I am a fan of the unique look of the purposefully (or accidentally and repurposed) distressed props.
Thnx, man. good advice. i am not shure about block for now, and i dont actually like yesterday paint job. i gave my airbrush to my gf, so need some time to wait. but i will repaint stand and add some details. and u r right about place for power source(there will be and arduino too).

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back